"They weren't performing at their normal level but we were in the game, we fought hard and we were closer to winning than losing".
In one of his by-now frequent and thinly veiled critiques of his former club Chelsea, Mourinho pointed out that his successor Antonio Conte employed a defence-first, counter- attacking style to win last season's title. "But they did well and physically they were very strong and they probably deserved the point".
- Mark Hughes has become only the second manager to go unbeaten in four consecutive Premier League managerial clashes with Jose Mourinho, after Ronald Koeman (5 games). They've got power and pace and if they can get those players ahead of the ball with good accuracy, they've got pace and power to burn.
Mourinho, who did shake hands with the rest of the Stoke backroom staff, had been trying to relay instructions to his players but was pushed by Hughes after crossing into the area in front of the Stoke bench.
- Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting's opener was the first goal Manchester United had conceded in 535 minutes of Premier League football, since Harry Kane's strike at White Hart Lane in May.
"I think they were excellent and we needed to step up to the challenge".
United had been flying in their opening three games of the season, and Mourinho was quick to blame the worldwide break for disrupting his team's rhythm. Hughes' side lost concentration moments later as Nemanja Matic flicked on a Mkhitaryan corner to the unmarked Pogba, whose header beat Butland via a deflection off Rashford. At the second attempt the Belgian scored his fourth league goal this term. "No problem - these things are part of the game", the manager said.
Jose Mourinho took aim at Stoke's apparently defensive tactics after Manchester United's flawless start to the English Premier League ended in a 2-2 draw in the fourth round on Saturday.
Lukaku should have scored again late on, but he missed the target from close range and an irritated Mourinho was left wondering what might have been. "I don't speak about stupid things, I'm too old for that, talking about stupid things is for stupid people", the Portuguese said.
- 'The Voice' Baby on the Way! Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Expecting
- Why? Robert Hodges kills West Sacramento wife's three children
- Russian Federation fires cruise missiles at IS militants, equipment in Syria
- HTC definitely isn't making the Pixel 2 XL
- SpaceX releases rocket explosion blooper reel
- OPEC Report: Could US Crude Oil Break above the $50 Mark?
- Turkey continues to distribute aid to Rohingya Muslims
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus and Doom heading to Nintendo Switch
- Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cleveland Browns Odds, Analysis, NFL Betting Pick
- Less than 24 hours until Cassini probe crashes into Saturn