One Border Security Force (BSF) trooper was killed and a civilian injured on Friday after Pakistani troopers resorted to heavy firing on Indian posts along the global border (IB) in Jammu and Kashmir.
"Intermittent fire continued from both side from mid night till morning", the officer said. They are using mortars, automatics and small arms to target nine BSF posts in Arnia.
"Pakistan under the cover of bullets is trying to push infiltrators on our side but our jawans are keeping vigil and will not allow them to succeed in their nefarious design", said the BSF officer. "BSF troopers are retaliating strongly and effectively".
In the firing, Constable Bijender Bahadur hailing from Uttar Pradesh, who was deployed at a forward post was injured seriously. He is survived by his wife Sushmita Singh.
Earlier on Wednesday, Pakistan had accused Indian soldiers of unprovoked firing. A civilian was also injured in the gunfight, according to ANI.
There have been continuous ceasefire violations going on from the Pakistani side along the IB for the last four months. "The deliberate targeting of civilians is indeed deplorable and contrary to human dignity and worldwide human rights and humanitarian laws", Foreign Affairs Ministry of Pakistan said. Authorities are keeping vigilant with emergency services to meet any eventuality due to the unprovoked ceasefire violation by Pakistan.
"Pakistan violated ceasefire around 1 a.m".
- No floor test in TN Assembly till Sep 20 : Madras High Court
- Confident Pakistan aim to wrap up Independence Cup today
- Spyder Pre Release Event Live Now Watch Now Mahesh Latest Movie Trailer
- Slain pregnant high school teacher remembered for giving students hugs
- Spokane area school shooting: What we know
- Coroner: LSU student had 'highly elevated blood alcohol level,' THC in system
- Formula One: McLaren, Honda to officially announce split at Singapore Grand Prix?
- Amarnath Yatra attack mastermind Abu Ismail shot dead in Kashmir
- Presidency: People of Kurdistan, Kirkuk reject Iraqi Parliament's 'unconstitutional' decision
- Jamie Lee Curtis Returns to Haddonfield in Blumhouse's Halloween!