The New York Times reported this month video clips sent to the commissioner's office by the Yankees showed Boston assistant athletic trainer Jon Jochim looking at an Apple Watch during an August series.
Ten days after a seemingly damning report in the New York Times detailed an operation to steal signs perpetrated by the Boston Red Sox against the New York Yankees, Major League Baseball brought the story to a whimpering end.
Adeiny Hechavarria had a home run for the Rays in the sixth inning, his seventh of the year, to put Tampa Bay ahead 4-2.
And so, there was a little extra significance to the Sox rallying for three runs against Rays closer Alex Colome, then grinding through six extra innings, all the way to the 15th, before busting out for seven runs and claiming a 13-6 victory in a game that lasted 6 hours, 5 minutes - tied for the second-longest in the majors this season.
One day after getting shut down by anonymous A's right-hander Jharel Cotton, the Red Sox needed six innings to figure out his teammate, right-hander Daniel Gossett.
The Rays will welcome the Boston Red Sox for the opener of a three-game series in Tampa beginning on Friday.
The Yankees trail the Red Sox by three games in the AL East, but have a three game lead for the top wild card slot.
The magic number to clinch a playoff spot drops by one with each Red Sox win and by one with each Angels loss. From his statement: "I have received absolute assurances from the Red Sox that there will be no future violations of this type".
"I don't think people at games should do any of that crap", he says. In his career, Cobb is 6-3 with a 3.32 ERA and 53 strikeouts against Boston. He picked up his 15th win as he and Chris Sale became the first pair of Red Sox left-handers to win at least 15 games since 1953, when Mel Parnell and Mickey McDermott did it. Sale won his 16th the next night. They also got a few well-placed hits from pinch hitter Christian Vazquez, Sandy Leon and Bogaerts, whose single to left field scored pinch runner Rajai Davis with the tying run.
Gossett (4-9) allowed three runs and five hits over 5 1/3 innings and struck out three.
Ramos gave the Rays a 3-2 lead in the bottom of the fourth with a two-run homer to right field off Sale. Mitch Moreland went 3 for 7 with a solo home run and two RBIs.
- Post Hurricane Irma-heat hurts Floridians without power
- Players must think like winners - Guardiola
- Can the Packers Mike Daniels disrupt Falcons high-powered offense?
- McMaster says there is military option against N. Korea
- Jeff Sessions can't withhold grant money from sanctuary cities, judge rules
- May censures Trump for tweets on London terror attack
- Ryan Shazier Reportedly Fined $25000 for Hit on DeShone Kizer
- Slender Man stabbing case: Wisconsin teenager determines mentally ill by jury
- Crystal Palace set new record for worst-ever top-flight start
- Frank Vincent, Actor Who Portrayed Dapper Mobsters, Dies