"We had hoped for a much stronger resolution", Tillerson said of the latest U.N. Security Council sanctions on North Korea, which the United States supported in the face of Chinese opposition to stronger sanctions.
"We can never tolerate that North Korea trampled on the worldwide community's strong, united resolve toward peace that has been shown in UN resolutions and went ahead again with this outrageous act", Abe told reporters in the aftermath of the launch.
U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said on Thursday he was hopeful that China would come to its own decision to decide to use the "powerful tool" of oil supplies to persuade North Korea to reconsider its "current path".
Including China and Russian Federation, the top U.S. diplomat called on all nations to take "new measures" against North Korea over its launch early Friday local time of what the U.S. Pacific Command said appeared to be an intermediate-range ballistic missile.
U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson acknowledged Thursday that it will be hard to enforce an oil embargo on North Korea unless China cooperates.
It's Tillerson's second visit to Britain since taking office in February.
North Korea launched an unidentified missile Thursday that landed in the sea after passing over Japan, the latest escalation as the isolated regime flaunts its nuclear weapon ambitions, according to multiple reports.
"Yet another illegal missile launch by North Korea", Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson tweeted.
US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has discussed the need to increase diplomatic pressure on North Korea with UK Prime Minister Theresa May in London, where the Iran nuclear deal was also raised, APA reports quoting Press TV.
The Foreign Secretary will also chair a meeting on the situation in Libya with Mr Tillerson, and the French political director, as well as the Italian and Egyptian foreign ministers, and representatives from the UN and United Arab Emirates.
The comments will renew hopes of Britain striking a quick trade deal with the U.S. after Brexit takes place in March 2019.
Russia's foreign ministry on Tuesday said Beijing and Moscow had succeeded in "revising the U.S.'s super-hard resolution, which focused on defoliating North Korea's economy and risked catastrophic humanitarian influence on North Korea".
- 25 students & teachers killed in Malaysian religious school fire
- NBA To Vote on Draft Lottery Reform, Player Rest Guidelines
- World XI bowl in decider; Hasan Ali returns for Pakistan
- DE jobless rate rises for second straight month
- Manchester United to shatter own transfer record in HUGE player swoop!
- Formula One: Daniel Ricciardo leads Red Bull 1-2 in Singapore
- No floor test in TN Assembly till Sep 20 : Madras High Court
- Jamie Lee Curtis Returns to Haddonfield in Blumhouse's Halloween!
- Niall Horan of One Direction coming here next year
- Heather Locklear Hospitalized With Minor Injuries After Car Crash