Reportedly driven from their villages in Myanmar by arson and genocidal attacks, some 391,000 refugees, mostly children, have crossed the border, according to the UN's most recent estimates.
Almost three weeks into a mass exodus of Rohingya Muslims fleeing violence in Myanmar, thousands are still flooding across the border in search of help and safety in teeming refugee settlements in Bangladesh.
They protested in front of the United Nations office located in Shibuya Ward, Tokyo Prefecture while holding signboards and placard that stated "We Stand With Daw Aung San Suu Kyi". And so we appreciate the hard and complex situation Aung San Suu Kyi finds herself in. China and India might have commercial, economic and strategic interests in Myanmar besides New Delhi's general apathy and callousness towards Muslims but both Beijing and New Delhi must realise that by supporting Myanmar they would be doing injustice to a hapless community.
"Violence in Myanmar has created a humanitarian catastrophe".
A European Parliament delegation has postponed its planned visit to Myanmar to an unknown date due to the Rohingya crisis.
Every Myanmar citizens of all ethnicities working here in Japan agree with what the government led by Aung San Suu Kyi is doing in Rakhine in order to keep the peace.
Britain and the United States have issued their clearest call yet for the Myanmar Government to step in and stop what the United Nations calls an "ethnic cleansing" operation in the country's west. Observers say the violence is being carried out by the Burmese military. We hope the world would speak loudly from the forum of UN Security Council as well despite concerns that after India, China too has come to the rescue of Myanmar, which stood isolated globally because of its unending genocide of Rohingyas, forcing 370,000 of them to flee to neighbouring Bangladesh.
The Rohingya group fighting in Myanmar's western region of denied any links to global terror groups, saying they have no ties to any terrorist groups.
- Pep: City man 'one of the best players I've ever seen'
- World XI bowl in decider; Hasan Ali returns for Pakistan
- NBA To Vote on Draft Lottery Reform, Player Rest Guidelines
- Spyder Pre Release Event Live Now Watch Now Mahesh Latest Movie Trailer
- United States urges China to use oil leverage on N/Korea
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Manchester United to shatter own transfer record in HUGE player swoop!
- DE jobless rate rises for second straight month
- Formula One: Daniel Ricciardo leads Red Bull 1-2 in Singapore
- Bitcoin prices are dropping after BTCChina halts trading on regulators' concerns