California Highway Patrol officers arrested 33-year-old Robert Hodges off Interstate 80 and West El Camino Avenue at around midnight, West Sacramento Police Sergeant Roger Kinney told reporters.
At roughly 9:30 p.m., police got a call with respect to an "aggressive behavior at home occurrence" in the 200 square of Touchstone Place at the Timbers Apartments complex, police said.
Police say neighbors called 911 to report a domestic violence incident involving Hodges and his wife, and that as officers were on their way a second call came in reporting the killings. First responders were then dispatched to the home, and although they attempted life-savings measures on the children, it was too late.
He said she did not witness Hodges kill the children as it was initially reported. Authorities said Hodges, who is the children's father, was detained without incident.
The children's ages and causes of death haven't been released. "The officers are absolutely impacted, along with the firefighters, and certainly the family, the neighbours-this call is going to have quite a bit of emotion".
Theresa Bustamante lives next to the apartment where the children were killed. I was in my apartment all the time.
"We always played together".
The Washington Unified School District also released a statement as two of the victims were students at Southport Elementary School. The suspect fled the apartment shortly before the police arrived.
- HTC definitely isn't making the Pixel 2 XL
- Hurricane Jose Churns In Atlantic Between The Bahamas And Bermuda
- New Zealand MP Jian Yang denies being a Chinese spy
- 'Minecraft' is available on Nintendo handhelds right now
- United Kingdom terror-related arrests rise to record 379
- SpaceX releases rocket explosion blooper reel
- Eagles to work out kickers with Sturgis hurt
- Visiting Florida, Trump Praises 'Incredible' First Responders, State Officials
- Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cleveland Browns Odds, Analysis, NFL Betting Pick
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus and Doom heading to Nintendo Switch