The first match, accorded global status by the worldwide Cricket Council, is only the second time Pakistan has hosted an global match since militants attacked the bus of the visiting Sri Lankan team in March 2009, killing eight people and injuring seven players and staff.
In the second T20I between the ICC World XI and Pakistan, the mixture of players from the different country had a win over the host nation by seven wickets.
World XI captain Faf du Plessis hailed the series as a big step and success. "There are no egos involved", said du Plessis.
According to the media report, the World XI players have been provided head-of-state-like security for the ongoing series in Pakistan. Thank everyone for the opportunity for coming here.
"We were talking about it and saying this needs to happen every year", he said.
Chief Executive, International Cricket Council, David Richardson has expressed the hope that Pakistan will be allocated an ICC approved event in a couple of years as security situation has improved a lot in the country.
For World XI, Sri Lanka's Thisara Perera scalped two wickets.
Pakistan's innings centered around another partnership between Babar Azam and Ahmed Shehzad. He cracked eight boundaries and three sixes.
Flower said he had a personal attachment to Pakistan, dating back to his days as a star batsman for Zimbabwe, having toured the Asian country three times in the '90s.
Asked to chase 175, the World XI reached their target with a single ball to spare, setting up a series decider in today's third and final contest.
"We hope the global stars will return home with happy memories over their trip to Lahore and at the same time will leave behind a legacy of co-operation that will help Pakistan build its cricket future".
Afridi was the first to have a round of the stadium and while passing through different enclosures a diehard crowd gave him standing ovation.
Sri Lanka have agreed to visit Pakistan for one match at the end of September and West Indies are planning to send a team later in the year, Sethi said. This is the final match of the Independence Cup, the fans and people of Pakistan enjoying cricket after a long time.
- 25 students & teachers killed in Malaysian religious school fire
- Coroner: LSU student had 'highly elevated blood alcohol level,' THC in system
- Confident Pakistan aim to wrap up Independence Cup today
- Jamie Lee Curtis Returns to Haddonfield in Blumhouse's Halloween!
- Spyder Pre Release Event Live Now Watch Now Mahesh Latest Movie Trailer
- Bitcoin prices are dropping after BTCChina halts trading on regulators' concerns
- Slain pregnant high school teacher remembered for giving students hugs
- Manchester United to shatter own transfer record in HUGE player swoop!
- Watch Jennifer Garner sob about Hamilton while on laughing gas
- Formula One: Daniel Ricciardo leads Red Bull 1-2 in Singapore