"I have concerns about my defence because of the injuries, and I need to think about that".
Defending In Numbers is a new Deezer Originals football podcast, created by Squawka.
"I am thinking about sorting out the [defensive] problem, but overall I will completely decide what I do tomorrow", Wenger said. "It looks like if he survives the test he is capable to play". If he has no pain on his Achilles tendon he will play.
"I will decide what I have to do when Koscielny has his test tomorrow".
And following reports that Wilshere could leave Arsenal in January to earn a spot in England's World Cup squad, Wenger claimed the 25-year-old would not have to leave the Emirates in order to make Gareth Southgate's squad for Russian Federation. Northern Ireland and Azerbaijan.
He added: 'The player I expected to lose the least during the break was Mustafi.
"I didn't expect him to play and Germany had already qualified. We have to cope with that now".
"I haven't seen everybody because some players are coming back today, some even tomorrow like Alexis Sanchez", Wenger said on Thursday, when questioned about injuries picked up during the worldwide break. Sanchez won't be back with us until tomorrow.
Koscielny has been managing the problem for several seasons and, although he had not joined in full training at the start of the week, the intention is for him to resume with the squad ahead of Saturday.
Mustafi and Koscielny are recognised as the north London outfit's most senior defenders but have only played alongside each other four times this season.
- Israel Plans To Follow US In Exiting UN Agency
- Hamas Says Deal Reached in Palestinian Reconciliation
- Barcelona - The Coutinho Saga Rumbles On
- NY police reopens 2004 Weinstein assault case
- LBC Callers In EPIC Row Over Killing Of White Widow Sally Jones
- Lufthansa to buy large parts of bankrupt Air Berlin
- Equifax compromised yet again as its website directs visitors to install malware
- Get your flu shot - Why you need it every year?
- Chester Bennington's Carpool Karaoke has been released
- Cowboys players won't test Jerry Jones' anthem policy, report says