Sri Lanka is already in lead in the two match series with 1-nil.
Having won the opening match on a dramatic final day to stop an abysmal run of form across all formats, Sri Lanka played with renewed confidence on Friday to post 254-3 after winning the toss.
Pakistan's Chairman of Selectors Inzamam-ul-Haq has defended picking his nephew in the ODI squad for the five match series against Sri Lanka.
Pakistan squad: Ahmed Shehzad, Fakhar Zaman, Muhammad Hafeez, Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik, Sarfaraz Ahmed (captain), Imad Wasim, Shadab Khan, Faheem Ashraf.
At present, Pakistan is occupying the sixth position in ICC Test rankings among 10 top teams but if Sarfraz Ahmed's men don't end the second Test yielding result in their favour, Pakistan would slip to seventh position in rankings. He said Pakistan team has the potential to come back and they need to be a little more proactive against the spinners, especially on day four and five. "In my opinion, his was the best performance amongst the openers".
Pakistan took the second new ball after 82 overs but failed to claim any further wickets, with Amir walking off in the middle of his 17th over with an apparent injury.
Brazilian investigators say Carlos Arthur Nuzman helped arrange a bribe to get the Games for Rio de Janeiro, where he was arrested early on Thursday. At the time, Nuzman was detained and questioned and authorities confiscated his passport.
- Kachikwu meets Buhari in closed-door
- Cowboys' defensive shuffle likely to continue vs Packers
- Job Creation Declines In September In Report Likely Impacted By Hurricanes
- Stranger Things Launches Free Mobile Game Ahead of Season 2
- Michael O'Neill has his eye on Norway
- Saudi King slams Iran on historic visit to Russian Federation
- South Korea Will Amend Trade Deal with US
- Microsoft is fixing its broken status options for the new Skype
- Donald Trump calls Las Vegas gunman 'demented'
- The US Can't Trust Its Own Spy Agency