On Sunday, Paddock's son, Stephen, opened fire from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel on the crowded Las Vegas strip, officials say.
Why was he on the FBI's Most Wanted list?
To earn his private pilot license, which recently lapsed, Paddock would have had to prove that he hadn't been diagnosed with psychosis, bipolar disorder or any severe personality disorder. Patrick Benjamin Paddock also went by the alias of Benjamin Hoskins Paddock.
Patrick was later re-captured in OR in 1978, according to an archived clip of the Eugene Register-Guard.
The FBI had no comment on Benjamin Paddock.
He tried to resist arrest and run down an agent with his vehicle after Federal Bureau of Investigation agents in Las Vegas caught him in the summer of 1960, according to the Tuscon Daily Citizen.
A wanted flier for Paddock shows that the warrant was issued on February 3, 1969 out of El Paso and that Paddock was charged with escape.
He had been locked up in 1960 for robing a bank in Arizona, before escaping eight years into his 20 year sentence.
According to the Register-Guard, Paddock was paroled in 1979 and eventually returned to Oregon.
Stephen Paddock's brother Eric said that they had little to do with their infamous father.
The man behind the worst mass shooting in modern USA history had an arsenal of at least 42 guns, explosives and several thousand rounds of ammo, police said.
"We didn't know him", Eric Paddock said of their father.
The elder Paddock's final arrest (for bank robbery) was in Las Vegas, though it is unclear whether this figured into the killer's thinking.
His father, Benjamin Hoskins Paddock, was a diagnosed psychopath, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and he was convicted of "bank robbery, automobile larceny, and confidence game". I'm not at liberty to give you his place of residence yet, because it's an ongoing investigation, we don't know what his belief system was at this time.
- Injured Derek Carr takes some snaps at Raiders' practice
- Catalan Independence: Spain May Use Constitution to Block Referendum
- UFC 216: Ferguson vs
- Giant balls of flame light up night sky in Ghana gas explosion
- 'Chase the dream' Sachin Tendulkar extends his best wishes to Team India
- Costa Rica seal World Cup spot after 1-1 draw
- Buffalo falls to Western Michigan in record-breaking 7OT game, 71-68
- Trump "not at all surprised" by Harvey Weinstein harassment allegations
- Rohingya started new Rakhine fires: Myanmar army chief office
- Hurricane Nate: New Orleans, stay indoors, officials warn