"The Coutinho-Barcelona link will not go away", he explained.
Barcelona chief executive, Oscar Grau, has warned Liverpool that they are ready to resume their chase to land Philippe Coutinho in January.
"We are ready to sign Coutinho or any other player the technical staff request in the winter window", Grau told a news conference.
The 25-year-old has scored in three straight matches for Liverpool and deserves attention from Europe's biggest clubs.
"We want to have the most competitive squad possible".
The Times' Paul Joyce, elaborating on Grau's comments, said that "Liverpool will be angered" by Barcelona's renewed efforts.
While that is the case for now, it would be no surprise if a European heavyweight or two came sniffing again in the future, and if Coutinho does ultimately leave, Liverpool will need a replacement.
"I don't think it's going to happen in January, I don't think they've got intention of making it in January".
Saga transfer of Coutinho became the center of European public attention in the transfer market last summer.
The Brazilian and his agents have, according to Mundo Deportivo, reached a personal agreement with Liverpool which allows Coutinho to leave for Barcelona, as soon as January 1st onward, as long as a reasonable offer is put forward.
Coutinho would be cup-tied for Champions League games should he move to Barca but that is not expected to affect the move.
- South African Cricketers' Association express concern after postponement of Twenty20 Global League
- Disney cancels 'Gigantic,' animated spin on 'Jack and the Beanstalk'
- Facebook will help investigators release Russian Federation ads, Sandberg tells Axios
- Equity Research Analyst's Stock Ratings: Lattice Semiconductor Corporation (LSCC), Adaptimmune Therapeutics plc
- Toddler left in Utah corn maze
- Neville's future in WWE uncertain after walking out before Raw
- Nokia 9 out of the headphone Jack
- Josh Gordon says coaches helped him pass drug tests
- Aussie officials expecting Serena Williams to defend title
- Sylvester Stallone To Direct And Produce 'Creed 2'