Warner Brothers Studio's "Blade Runner 2049" easily topped the domestic box office this weekend, taking in $32.75 million from 4,075 theaters according to Box Office Mojo. "Blade Runner" has an 89% "fresh" rating on Rotten Tomatoes while "The Foreigner" has 80%. This feature-length animated film made its entry to the fourth place at the box office with $ 8.9 million.
Between Thursday's previews and Friday's screenings, the film made $12.7 and by Saturday revenue had dropped 11 percent to $11.4 million.
With "Blade Runner: 2049" now in multiplexes across the country, we chose to put together a list of some of the greatest sequels in Hollywood history, and consider what made them great.
Blade Runner 2049 is a 2017 American science fiction film directed by Denis Villeneuve and written by Hampton Fancher and Michael Green. This likely means that the film struggled to attract moviegoers outside of fans of the original movie.
Fox 2000 and Chernin Entertainment's romantic-adventure drama "The Mountain Between Us", starring Idris Elba and Kate Winslet, scaled to only United States dollars 10.1 million from 3,068 theaters and placed itself on 2nd position. Based on the Charles Martin novel, the film stars Elba as a surgeon and Winslet as a journalist who are left stranded together following a plane crash.
Ridley Scott's 1982 neo noir was a box office flop, only becoming the classic it's now considered slowly, through re-releases and new cuts. Based on the Hasbro toys and TV series, the movie's voice cast includes Emily Blunt, Kristin Chenoweth, Uzo Aduba, and Sia. Ironically enough, USA Today pointed out that this movie drew a broader audience (59% female) than "Blade Runner 2049" did.
- USA approves $15 billion worth THAAD missiles sale to Saudi Arabia
- Rohingya Muslims killed in Myanmar's Rakhine state since Aug 25: Foreign minister
- 'Self-serving noise.' Read Melania Trump's response slamming Ivana Trump's 'First Lady' claim
- Nadal 'destroys' agitated Kyrgios to win China Open
- Dangerous Wildfires Spread In Northern & Southern California
- McDonald's to offer Szechuan sauce for everyone this winter
- Perera the star as Sri Lanka sweep Pakistan in Dubai
- After 'Moron' Report, Trump Suggests He Has a Higher IQ Than Tillerson
- October 26 repeat poll is unstoppable, says President Kenyatta
- LSU legend YA Tittle dead at 90