Giants right fielder Hunter Pence made a diving backhand catch on a ball in the gap, robbing Renfroe of extra bases for the final out in the seventh.
Friday: Did not play in an 8-0 loss to San Francisco. San Francisco almost pulled off a series win over the playoff-bound Arizona Diamondbacks this week but surrendered three runs in the ninth inning on Wednesday and allowed the winning run to score on a bases-loaded walk in a 4-3 setback.
With a tie game in the top of the eighth, Bochy used three different relievers to sit down three Padres' hitters, as Steven Okert, Cory Gearrin and Hunter Strickland all recorded outs. But it's a good feeling going into next season.
San Diego is 1-5 in their last 6 games overall and 2-9 in Perdomo's last 11 division starts while the over is 5-1 in Perdomo's last 6 starts against a team with a losing record.
Padres starter Luis Perdomo, who's expected to compete for a spot in the rotation next spring, gave up four runs, seven hits and one walk in seven innings.
Giants fans responded with a standing ovation, one upon which the Padres joined.
Giants clinch No. 1 pick with a loss or a Tigers win.
Myers had two hits for the Padres, who have won nine of their last 12 games in San Francisco.
Pablo Sandoval - who the Red Sox still owe $42.2 million after releasing him in July - belted a walkoff homer in the Giants' regular season finale. The only players with 10 or more years of major-league experience to play exclusively for the Giants in their West Coast history were: Cain, 3B Jim Davenport, RHP Scott Garrelts and 2B Robby Thompson.
He has a career record of 104-118 with a 3.69 ERA, and on June 13, 2012, Cain pitched a ideal game against the Houston Astros.
- Local aid for Puerto Rico waiting for take-off
- Tuition fees repayment threshold to rise to £25000
- Palestinian Prime Minister Heads To Gaza As Reconciliation Push
- Sony PlayStation VR now available in India for INR 37990
- No rest yet for Lukaku, Mourinho says
- Tesla sending battery packs to storm-ravaged Puerto Rico
- Pakistan won't give up its principled stand on Kashmir: Asif
- Maharashtra: Narayan Rane floats new party, to support BJP in state
- 2 women plead not guilty to killing N.Korean leader's half-brother
- Pro-Brexit party picks leader, rejects anti-Islam candidate