Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's Wagon R was stolen from near the Secretariat on Thursday evening. "I had parked it around 11.45 p.m. and when I came back at 2.30 p.m., it wasn't there", she said.
At present, the mid-2000s Maruti WagonR was being used by the Aam Aadmi Party's media coordinator Vandana Singh. Sources said CCTV footage showed a man boarding the vehicle around 1.04pm and driving away with it. Police said they are hunting for the auto on priority as it has a sticker allowing access to Vidhan Sabha and VIP areas. FIR has been registered. Police is looking into the matter and trying to get the CCTV footage.
Emphasizing on the security issues, AAP's spokesperson said: "Delhi Police has completely failed in providing safety to public". The Delhi CM has been using this vehicle since he campaigning for the elections and chose to continue to ride in the same even after becoming the CM. AAP had gifted this auto to their chief, Mr Kejriwal a few years ago. It became iconic after Kejriwal used it as a makeshift office while camping near Rail Bhawan to protest in 2014. Earlier, the auto was used by the Chief Minister but now, a AAP's member had been using it, said police.
- Sylvester Stallone To Direct And Produce 'Creed 2'
- Neville's future in WWE uncertain after walking out before Raw
- Andy Cohen to replace Kathy Griffin on CNN on New Year's Eve
- Toddler left in Utah corn maze
- Election Commission of Pakistan issues non-bailable arrest warrants for Imran Khan
- Facebook will help investigators release Russian Federation ads, Sandberg tells Axios
- Nokia 9 out of the headphone Jack
- Disney cancels 'Gigantic,' animated spin on 'Jack and the Beanstalk'
- Britain Could Join NAFTA If Brexit Deal Fails
- Josh Gordon says coaches helped him pass drug tests