Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's Wagon R was stolen from near the Secretariat on Thursday evening. "I had parked it around 11.45 p.m. and when I came back at 2.30 p.m., it wasn't there", she said.
At present, the mid-2000s Maruti WagonR was being used by the Aam Aadmi Party's media coordinator Vandana Singh. Sources said CCTV footage showed a man boarding the vehicle around 1.04pm and driving away with it. Police said they are hunting for the auto on priority as it has a sticker allowing access to Vidhan Sabha and VIP areas. FIR has been registered. Police is looking into the matter and trying to get the CCTV footage.
Emphasizing on the security issues, AAP's spokesperson said: "Delhi Police has completely failed in providing safety to public". The Delhi CM has been using this vehicle since he campaigning for the elections and chose to continue to ride in the same even after becoming the CM. AAP had gifted this auto to their chief, Mr Kejriwal a few years ago. It became iconic after Kejriwal used it as a makeshift office while camping near Rail Bhawan to protest in 2014. Earlier, the auto was used by the Chief Minister but now, a AAP's member had been using it, said police.
- Britain Could Join NAFTA If Brexit Deal Fails
- Barcelona - The Coutinho Saga Rumbles On
- Spain Gives Catalonia A Deadline: Retract Independence Claim Or Else
- Disney cancels 'Gigantic,' animated spin on 'Jack and the Beanstalk'
- Toddler left in Utah corn maze
- Election Commission of Pakistan issues non-bailable arrest warrants for Imran Khan
- Sylvester Stallone To Direct And Produce 'Creed 2'
- Nokia 9 out of the headphone Jack
- Equity Research Analyst's Stock Ratings: Lattice Semiconductor Corporation (LSCC), Adaptimmune Therapeutics plc
- Junket tourism