Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg seems to be realizing a sobering reality about virtual reality: His company's Oculus headsets that send people into artificial worlds are too expensive and confining to appeal to the masses.
"We believe Oculus Go will be the most accessible VR experience", Barra said. There's no word yet on an official United Kingdom launch price, but a direct pound to dollar conversion leaves us with a rough £150 asking price.
Now that we know roughly when to expect the Oculus Go to become available in the United Kingdom, how much will it cost? VR is just getting started. Although, of course, you'll need a smartphone to use that. It is important to keep in mind that its big brother, the Oculus Rift, was released in march 2016 and has not seen his hardware improved since. Developers will have the new Oculus Go in their hands in November for making the most specialized programs.
The Facebook-owned company sees a variety of uses for its headsets, from enterprise collaboration to employee training, in a range of industries.
The headset features 3DOF, granting users three-dimensions of freedom, moving in and out of space, along with lateral and vertical tracking. The headset will be higher quality than the cheaper Samsung Gear VR, which is created to work with a smartphone. For seamless gaming, the Oculus Go comes with a single motion controller that has no touch or trigger controls.
Oculus Go: What will it look like? Here, we present the latest news and everything you need to know about the Oculus Go, including release date rumours, United Kingdom pricing, design and features. At the Oculus conference, Facebook disclosed a partnership with game developer Respawn Entertainment, the developer behind "Titanfall". The headset's screen offers visual clarity. It might not be as feature-packed, but the Oculus Go still offers a well-priced VR headset at a fraction of the price. There is also a built-in display, processor, web connectivity, and speakers.
- JPMorgan third-quarter earnings beat forecasts
- Sonia Gandhi hints at Rahul's elevation 'soon'
- Turkey blames USA envoy for souring ties; won't buy U.S. guns
- Virgin Hyperloop One sees billionaire Branson back Elon Musk's tech
- Still slated for Game 4 start
- Trump to announce Iran nuke deal decision 'very shortly'
- Arsene Wenger Provides Arsenal Injury Update Ahead of Watford Game
- Fearless Real Estate Agent Catches Shark And Throws It Back Into Ocean
- Arsene Wenger: Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez may be sold in January
- A Maine-Sized Hole Has Opened up in Antarctica's Ice Blanket