Compared to the real Facebook Messenger, the application is definitely quite barebones in features.
Facebook Messenger Lite Android app is now available in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Ireland. Originally, Messenger Lite rolled out to 5 countries when it launched in 2016. If you're travelling overseas on a limited plan, or have restrictions on how much data you can use on your plan here, then moving to the lightweight version of the app can make a huge difference.
According to Facebook, with over a billion people still being without faster 3G and 4G network coverage, these slimmed-down apps are essential to attract more users in new markets. That said, Facebook will be ostracizing a large chunk of that market by not making Messenger Lite available on iPhones as well. This move to bring the Lite app in developed markets with proven high speed internet means that the company can now target people who like to cut costs but, not necessarily like to give up using their phones for chatting. American for-profit corporation and an online social media and social networking service launched its Android-only application with the new identity of data saving chat app. It was a stripped down version of the Facebook Messenger and it comes out without all the unwanted features such as games and other Messenger specific tools. The initial objective of coming up with the Android-only app was to help users gain access to Messenger in those areas experiencing sluggish mobile connectivity. And where there are friends who can't use an app, people end up switching to one they can. This is probably one of the main reason why Facebook has made a decision to now bring it to the U.S. and the other countries mentioned.
You can download Facebook Messenger Lite from Google Play free of charge.
- Ronaldo: I'll never forget Manchester United
- Microsoft is giving up on Groove Music, transfers users to Spotify
- Mark Kelly on Politicizing Las Vegas Shooting: 'If Not Now, When?'
- Twitter Hilariously Reacts To LaVar Ball Pulling LaMelo Out Of School
- Keith Urban describes telling his daughter about the Las Vegas shooting
- French MPs to vote on tough anti-terror law
- Militants had been camping in Srinagar for a month?
- 10 million people saw Facebook Russia ads
- Gabrielle Giffords issues statement after Las Vegas shooting
- Clashes as 'rebels' storm Indian base in Kashmir