"The AY666 flight has flown to HEL 21 times on Friday the 13th in the last 11 years", Barrette said.
Flight 666, which departed on the 13th hour of October 13 and headed straight for HEL (Helsinki, Finland), has arrived safely and ahead of schedule. In fact, it's been done 21 times in 11 years, all without incident.
Flight tracker Twitter account Flightradar24 poked fun at the coincidence, saying: 'Would you dare to sit in row 13, on board Finnair flight 666 en route to Hel on Friday the 13th?'
However, today will be the last time Flight 666 flies to Hel, as the airline has chose to retire the flight number.
"It has been quite a joke among the pilots", he told the newspaper in the past.
The irrational fear of the number 13 is called triskaidekaphobia, by the way.
According to the Telegraph, Friday the 13th is considered unlucky because of its biblical origins, it has also been linked to the Knights Templar. The superstition surrounding this day may have arisen in the Middle Ages, when describing the last supper.
What better day than Friday the 13th (and in the month of Halloween, too) for Flight 666 to make a flight to HEL?
- Mobile Caps High-Speed Data At 5GB While Roaming In Canada, Mexico
- Chester Bennington's Carpool Karaoke has been released
- CMA details scope of Fox-Sky investigation in issues statement
- United States bombers fly over Korean Peninsula in 1st night joint training drills
- Sonia Gandhi hints at Rahul's elevation 'soon'
- Owners of 'Breaking Bad' house build fence to shield from pizza-throwers
- A Maine-Sized Hole Has Opened up in Antarctica's Ice Blanket
- Still slated for Game 4 start
- Arsene Wenger Provides Arsenal Injury Update Ahead of Watford Game
- Trump to announce Iran nuke deal decision 'very shortly'