The job of World Cup qualification isn't done yet for France, who sit in first place in Group A of UEFA qualifying, but have not yet secured themselves a spot in Russian Federation next summer.
An own goal from Johan Djourou handed Portugal the lead on 41 minutes and Andre Silva netted a second before the hour as they finished top of Group B ahead of Switzerland on goal difference.
"To lose the first qualifying match, just after our win at Euro 2016, hurt us". Fortunately for France, that was one of just five points that Belarus have earned, and they've lost six of eight qualifying matches since then, including getting outscored 8-1 in their last three matches, all losses.
"They're coming here to defend so we will have to find the solution".
In the Europe Confederation, Belgium, England, Germany, Iceland, Poland, Russia, Serbia and Spain have all qualified for the World Cup next summer in Russia.
Steven Zuber scored twice in Basel as Switzerland made it nine wins from nine by thrashing Hungary 5-2.
In Group H, Greece moved into second place with a come-from-behind 2-1 victory in Cyprus after Bosnia and Herzegovina had suffered a stunning 4-3 home defeat by already-qualified Belgium. But hey, these two goals are historic, then take the opportunity. We have youngsters who have a huge amount of talent and the older players are still on it.
- How to help your family plan and practice a fire escape route
- Oil stocks to buy ahead of next OPEC meeting
- Amazon's New Kindle Oasis Can Be Dropped In The Pool
- China opposes USA move to send its warship in South China Sea
- Trump to visit United Kingdom on 'working visit' in early 2018
- New study reveals windfarms in North Atlantic could meet global power demands
- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie says he'll be back on Thursday
- South Korea claims North hacked nuclear attack response plans
- Amazon targets teen shoppers with new account sharing feature
- Ireland placed in second tier for inaugural UEFA Nations League