With 70 goals in 170 Premier League games for Arsenal since his 2012 move from Montpellier, Giroud has been a fairly regular goalscorer, and with guaranteed football at Goodison Park, he could thrive for Everton - and Koeman must rekindle a move in January.
Everton striker Wayne Rooney thought he should have had a penalty late on when his flick-on from Gylfi Sigurdsson's cross bounced on to Matthew Lowton's arm and Koeman said: "You know, sometimes you get the help of a referee".
Defeat left the big-spending Toffees, who have won just twice in seven league matches so far this season, a mere two points above the relegation zone.
Koeman dismissed a question on whether he was the right man to be Everton manager before expanding later as he insisted the club's £140...
Asked if this was his toughest time as a manager after Jeff Hendrick's first-half strike proved decisive, Koeman said: "Being a manager is tough every day. All the stuff and the questions is not in my hands", he said. We've got a lot of money and we invested some money.
"Of course, we can play better on the ball".
"There is some time to go yet but it's good to see them out with the group, especially Nahki".
Unrest is growing in the stands at Goodison Park, with the pressure is firmly on the Dutchman to try and turn things around.
"At the moment it's totally different from last season, but that's football".
"If there is no commitment and aggression, that's a reason to think about my future but what I saw today, I thank the players".
"We tried everything, the commitment and spirit of the players was really positive and the final result was not".
The Belgian hit 25 Premier League goals last season, and it's now hard to pick out an Everton player who will get anywhere close to that tally, with Everton desperately needing a striker in January.
"It is a short session on Saturday, and then we play on Sunday".
"It is not nice to get two weeks an global break if you lose".
- Jets beat Jaguars in OT, 23-20
- New Orleans Saints vs. Miami Doplhins: Prediction, preview, pick to win
- Tillerson 'wasting his time' trying to negotiate with North Korea
- Kiwis retain title, defeat Pumas
- Pending projects led to stampede at Mumbai railway station: Ashok Chavan
- Donald Trump Once Again Demands Players Stand Prior To Sunday's Games (TWEET)
- Eagles-Chargers, Week 4
- Iwobi scores as Arsenal beat Brighton on Wenger's 21st anniversary
- Five injured, suspect arrested as Canada police probe 'act of terrorism'
- Troy trolls LSU after netting near $1 million payday at Tigers' homecoming