However, United will face stiff competition for the 27-year-old's signature as the newspaper says Chelsea are also interested in signing Rose when the transfer window re-opens this winter.
That has hurt Spurs in that department but Welshman Ben Davies has come into the side and provided great quality, especially this season.
Rose was in the form of his life last season when he damaged the medial ligament in his left knee during Spurs' 0-0 draw at Sunderland on 31 January.
England full-back Rose has been sidelined since late January with a knee injury and Argentinian midfielder Lamela has not played in nearly 12 months due to hip problems.
It has been even longer since manager Mauricio Pochettino was last able to call upon the services of fellow Argentine Lamela, who has not played a single minute of football since appearing as a substitute in Tottenham's 2-1 EFL Cup fourth round defeat to Liverpool in October 2016. But after five months of rehabilitation he returned to first-team training this week and is understood to be feeling good.
- Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) October 11, 2017Rose on the move?
That is because the Englishman has today been linked with a move away from the club.
Here is a look at how Spurs fans reacted to the latest Rose reports.
Now, his ambition could be met as he lines up a move to a Premier League elite club.
- Toddler left in Utah corn maze
- Amazon targets teen shoppers with new account sharing feature
- Disney cancels 'Gigantic,' animated spin on 'Jack and the Beanstalk'
- This Real-Life Nissan GT-R Is Controlled With A PlayStation Controller
- Andy Cohen to replace Kathy Griffin on CNN on New Year's Eve
- South African Cricketers' Association express concern after postponement of Twenty20 Global League
- France on brink of World Cup, Dutch hopes all but over
- Democrat Al Green Introduces Article of Impeachment Against Trump
- Sylvester Stallone To Direct And Produce 'Creed 2'
- Spain Gives Catalonia A Deadline: Retract Independence Claim Or Else