However, United will face stiff competition for the 27-year-old's signature as the newspaper says Chelsea are also interested in signing Rose when the transfer window re-opens this winter.
That has hurt Spurs in that department but Welshman Ben Davies has come into the side and provided great quality, especially this season.
Rose was in the form of his life last season when he damaged the medial ligament in his left knee during Spurs' 0-0 draw at Sunderland on 31 January.
England full-back Rose has been sidelined since late January with a knee injury and Argentinian midfielder Lamela has not played in nearly 12 months due to hip problems.
It has been even longer since manager Mauricio Pochettino was last able to call upon the services of fellow Argentine Lamela, who has not played a single minute of football since appearing as a substitute in Tottenham's 2-1 EFL Cup fourth round defeat to Liverpool in October 2016. But after five months of rehabilitation he returned to first-team training this week and is understood to be feeling good.
- Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) October 11, 2017Rose on the move?
That is because the Englishman has today been linked with a move away from the club.
Here is a look at how Spurs fans reacted to the latest Rose reports.
Now, his ambition could be met as he lines up a move to a Premier League elite club.
- France on brink of World Cup, Dutch hopes all but over
- Amazon targets teen shoppers with new account sharing feature
- Trump nominates Kirstjen Nielsen as DHS secretary
- Democrat Al Green Introduces Article of Impeachment Against Trump
- Equity Research Analyst's Stock Ratings: Lattice Semiconductor Corporation (LSCC), Adaptimmune Therapeutics plc
- Toddler left in Utah corn maze
- Amid Corker Feud, Trump Dismisses Senator's WWIII Warning
- Sylvester Stallone To Direct And Produce 'Creed 2'
- Andy Cohen to replace Kathy Griffin on CNN on New Year's Eve
- Tropical Storm Ophelia not a hurricane yet; no threat to the US