Four Moldovan citizens were killed and a further two injured, Ivorian authorities said.
Three people have been killed and with several others sustaining serious injuries in the crash as well.
The turboprop plane that had been carrying ten people had reportedly been trying to land when it crashed, killing four people and leaving six others injured.
Four Moldovan nationals died, Issa Sakho, commanding officer of Ivory Coast firefighters, said by phone.
A French spokesman says the plane was carrying French military cargo.
A plane crashed into the sea near Abidjan on Saturday, shortly after taking off from the global airport in Ivory Coast's main city. Lt. Villain did not give his full name, citing French protocol.
The witnesses said they saw at least four bodies, but officials couldn't yet confirm it. The French cargo plane was carrying material for the French army, according to security guards on site.
- Mogadishu truck bomb: Blast in Somali capital kills at least 20
- SIT release sketches of two main suspects in journalist Gauri Lankesh murder
- Kenyan police shoot dead three opposition supporters in Bondo
- Wenger fooled by fake news, congratulates George Weah on Liberia election win
- Huawei Y6 Pro (2017) Launches In Europe For €179
- India qualifies for 2019 AFC Asian Cup
- Chargers first-round pick set to play, 49ers release Bowman
- Google Duo video calling integration comes to Phone, Contacts and Message apps
- Discovery Communications, Inc. (DISCA) Hits a 52-Week Low
- Pennsylvania Attorney General Joins Suit Over Health Subsidies