Snap said many locations will also have Stories integrated into their Context Cards.
By introducing more search features, Snapchat hopes to give its users more reason to stay on the app while also enabling more opportunities for ads - though that's not the case with Context Cards as of now.
Snapchat will also make it easier to book ride-hailing services such as Uber and Lyft - when you click on directions, for example, you'll be presented with an option to book a vehicle.
If you want to find out more about a place you will be able to use Context Cards to see Stories that have been submitted by Snapchat users and curated by the app's team.
And Ann Bordetsky, Head of Product Partnership, Uber, added: "Snap's innovative integration is another way that Uber connects you with friends and all the experiences your city has to offer".
Lots of people share their location with Snapchat when they take pictures or videos.
The first Context Card that appears contains basic information like the name of the place, category of venue - eg department store or restaurant - and partner's rating.
For launch, context cards will be available in the U.S., U.K., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand on both Android and iOS.
Snap declined to disclose the financial terms of the deals with the Context Cards partners, but presumably the company has some kind of revenue-sharing agreements with them.
Which Cards are available and the order in which they appear is dynamic - Snapchat says it aims to always show you the most relevant information.
- Perera the star as Sri Lanka sweep Pakistan in Dubai
- Accountability court grants bail to Sharif's daughter
- Kate Middleton gives first look at baby bump since pregnancy announcement
- Rohingya Muslims killed in Myanmar's Rakhine state since Aug 25: Foreign minister
- Twitter Bans Anti-Planned Parenthood Campaign Ad
- Stephen Paddock shot security guard before firing on Las Vegas concert
- Iceland qualify for their first WC
- National Team Manager Confirms Marouane Fellaini Has Suffered Knee Ligament Damage
- 'Blade Runner 2049' Makes Slight Gain With $32.8 Million Opening Weekend
- Zuckerberg's insensitive VR joyride around Puerto Rico is disgusting to watch