Republican Gov. Charlie Baker said Wednesday the state was sending 69 officers in response to a request for help from Puerto Rico's leaders.
A Tremont neighborhood bar and bowling alley will be hosting a "Bowling for Puerto Rico" tournament next week to help victims of Hurricane Maria.
Save the Children has reported that there are "children's spaces" being constructed inside of shelters that will give children a sense of normalcy while they wait to return to school. In the most urgent cases, the FDA is helping companies get fuel to keep their generators running and ship finished products. The government hopes to have the power back on for a quarter of the island within a month, and for the entire territory of 3.4 million people by March.
As of Friday, about 90 percent of Puerto Rico is still without power, while the death toll has climbed to 36 since Hurricane Maria made landfall on September 20.
For families, like Santos, this is the least they can do to help their homes.
State Police troopers preparing to head down to Puerto Rico for recovery efforts. And Amgen, a huge biotech drugmaker, produces most of its medicines there, including widely used rheumatoid drug Enbrel, a number of cancer drugs, heart failure drug Corlanor and osteoporosis drugs Prolia and Xgeva. Once the aid arrives on the island, Alicea said they are working with a local organization to distribute the supplies. "Who knows if they're going to be able to shower or whatnot, but a lot of our officers have family in Puerto Rico".
"What better way to channel that energy than to do something for Puerto Rico", said Medina.
- Nirmala Sitharaman to Review Situation Along China Border Today
- Hurricane Nate: New Orleans, stay indoors, officials warn
- Bank robber father of Las Vegas gunman born in Sheboygan
- Galen Rupp wins the Chicago Marathon. Jordan Hasay sets women's record
- Injured Derek Carr takes some snaps at Raiders' practice
- Catalan Independence: Spain May Use Constitution to Block Referendum
- Buffalo falls to Western Michigan in record-breaking 7OT game, 71-68
- 'Chase the dream' Sachin Tendulkar extends his best wishes to Team India
- Miami Dolphins: 3 Bold predictions vs
- Salah's late PK sends Egypt to World Cup, joyous celebrations