"I was trying to protect my kids", Rebecca Bredow told ABC News Friday in her first interview since her release from jail.
But after being released from a week behind bars, the MI mother was outraged to find her nine-year-old's immunisations were done while she was in prison. "It's been a rough few days to say the least". He told the Detroit Free Press that Bredow had been the primary custodian but the judge approved a recommendation for an evenly split custody on Wednesday.
"I would rather go to jail for standing up for what I believe in than vaccinating my child", Bredow said prior to sentencing.
A MI mom lost primary custody of her 9-year-old son after she refused to vaccinate him.
After Bredow said that she and her ex-husband agreed until recently on not vaccinating their child, the judge said that Bredow acknowledged in her own pleadings that he was up-to-date on his vaccinations when he was a year old.
But on Wednesday, Judge Karen McDonald approved a change that would see the two parents share custody 50-50.
"I understand you love your children".
Her lawyer said Tuesday that she was "devastated" to learn her son received his vaccinations while she was in the slammer.
"It's clear to me that you don't care about orders even if you agree to them, which you did". She also granted temporary custody to Horne and ordered the boy to be vaccinated.
Richardson added that Bredow and Horne have been embroiled in an ongoing legal battle, and a court sided with Horne in November 2016, ordering Bredow to vaccinate her son.
"I feel angry. I feel backed into a corner". "Whether you are pro-vaccines or against vaccines, this is about the fact that my rights as a mother were taken away".
- Sanchez, Ozil could be sold in January - Wenger
- Facebook's Sandberg Favors Release of Russia-Linked Ads
- Donald Trump and others speak at 2017 Voters Value Summit
- China's trade with North Korea slumps as nuclear sanctions start to bite
- Lawyers, prosecutors face off at Samsung heir's appeal case
- Domino's Pizza, Inc. (DPZ) Stock Beats Street, Shares Fall
- Digital Realty Trust, Inc. (DLR) Analysts See $1.50 EPS
- Stranger Things Season 2's final trailer gives us the goods
- Egypt: Khattab Gets 12 Votes in 2nd Round of Unesco Election
- Iran rout Costa Rica