It was also the Spaniard's second crown in the Chinese capital, following the previous one in 2005 when he beat Guillermo Coria of Argentina. Before it was 250 or 175 at that moment.
"I was playing very high intensity the whole match, changing the directions and not making many mistakes", Nadal said.
"If my vision is realised, it's my hope that I'll be remembered for this more than anything I have done or will do on the tennis court". But I was lucky the first day saving that two match points.
Going into the China Open ranked 19, Kyrgios scored redemptive wins over Zverev and the German's brother, Alexander, before his title bid unravelled in the final against Nadal.
Unseeded French player Garcia continued her superb run of form of late as she comfortably overcame Halep, the Romanian who will be confirmed as the world number one for the first time tomorrow, in straight sets at the Olympic Green Tennis Center.
But Kyrgios appeared put out by a line call that went against him in the first game and Nadal was in no mood to hand out favours as he cruised to a 6-2 6-1 victory. The young big server fired 20 winners in the 92-minute fight, but was defeated by his 35 unforced errors.
The result over fellow rising star Zverev pushed him to 15th spot in the ATP Race To London and contest the ATP finals in November. The second ATP World Tour final of the season in Beijing will boost his chance for the year-end tournament.
Sixteen-time grand slam champion Nadal beat Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov 6-3 4-6 6-1 in his semi-final.
- USA approves $15 billion worth THAAD missiles sale to Saudi Arabia
- 'Self-serving noise.' Read Melania Trump's response slamming Ivana Trump's 'First Lady' claim
- Microsoft Confirms Windows Phone Is Officially Dead
- Trump wants border wall, other immigration reforms, in exchange for DACA
- The clubs Brendan Steele used to win the Safeway Open
- Files Season 11 Trailer Debuts
- Christian Vazquez back at catcher for Game 4 of ALDS in Boston
- GM buys Lidar startup Strobe to accelerate its self-driving auto development
- Israel refuses to let Hamas leaders join Egypt talks
- Kit Harington's April Fool's Day Prank On Rose Leslie Doesn't End Well