Nintendo has not made any official announcements regarding other Classic Edition consoles, but late last week, a trademark Twitter bot published a filing from Nintendo featuring a picture of the original Game Boy. Some of the trademarks could be to protect the "Nintendo Classic Mini Game Boy" brand or they could simply be to protect the Game Boy brand. As long as you have a 1280 by 720 piece of art that works well with a massive hole in the middle, better SNES Classic border art is just a few short steps away. As of now, there has been no comment from Nintendo over the development. "And the portable all-in-one system that doesn't deplete smartphone batteries could prove appealing to new fans", says Fortune.
Still, it would appear Nintendo has made good on its promise to get more units into consumers' hands.
Back in 2005, Nintendo released a smaller version of the Game Boy Advance called the Game Boy Micro.
The Game Boy came out one year before the SNES hit stores in Japan in 1990, but perhaps with the 30th anniversary of the Game Boy coming up in 2019, Nintendo may want to line up a release of a Game Boy Classic Edition with that momentous occasion.
Even though a Classic Mini Game Boy is not completely out of question, there are some limitations to it. In July, the company filed a similar trademark application that included an image of the Nintendo 64 controller. The entire collection is definitely worth your time if you're into Nintendo history and just what goes into making a game. In May, Samsung licensed the add-on, which is now available for $49.99, notes AnimeNewsNetwork. The N64 Classic Edition is rumored to launch sometime next year.
- Cook County Board Overwhelmingly Votes To Repeal Soda Tax
- Oil stocks to buy ahead of next OPEC meeting
- Amazon's New Kindle Oasis Can Be Dropped In The Pool
- How to help your family plan and practice a fire escape route
- Cahill the hero as Socceroos see off Syria
- Dodgers keep Baez, Stripling on playoff roster
- Trump denies pushing for tenfold increase in nuclear weapons
- South Korea claims North hacked nuclear attack response plans
- China opposes USA move to send its warship in South China Sea
- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie says he'll be back on Thursday