A sure-footed century by Asad Shafiq kept Pakistan's hopes of saving the Test series alive in the opening session of the final day of Dubai Test on Tuesday. Sami Aslam and Babar Azam were 11 and 12 years old respectively.
This is also Pakistan's first home defeat since losing to South Africa 1-0 in 2007, a series held on their grounds, and only the second whitewash in their history.
Sarfraz felt that this being his first outing as captain of the Test team, it was important that he had learnt a fair bit.
Day 2 of the second Test between Pakistan and Sri Lanka witnessed a freakish moment of play when pacer Wahab Riaz missed his run-up and aborted the delivery five times in a row.
Earlier in the first innings, Pakistan crumbled at 262, falling short of 220 runs to level 483, Sri Lanka's score while batting first. Smith hurt his right shoulder diving in the field during the fifth and final one-day worldwide against India at Nagpur on Sunday, adding injury to the insult of a 4-1 series loss for the visitors. "I knew they would do their job in this session and I am really happy with the way we played".
The two sides will play a five-match ODI series in the UAE after the conclusion of the Tests with the third T20I at Lahore earmarked for October 29 in Lahore. We knew when we come today, it will grip more.
"Test captaincy is a little hard and I've learnt a lot".
However, Pakistan stunned the Sri Lankans as it sent half of their batsmen including first innings Centurion Dimuth Karunaratne and in-form Dinesh Chandimal to the pavilion for just 34 runs in second innings.
Sri Lankas next Test assignment is against number-one ranked India (125 points), when the two sides will go head to head in a three-Test series starting in Kolkata on 16 November. Both openers gave us a good start in the first match but the thing is we couldn't convert those scores. "The boys are new as well and they will learn".
The way victory was finally sealed for Sri Lanka, clinching a 68-run win at the Dubai International Stadium, was fitting. I'm really honoured and privileged to win this series, and especially to do it as a captain.
The decision follows after he suffered a shin injury during the opening day's play in the ongoing Test against the same opposition in Dubai. "We'll do better in the future".
- National Team Manager Confirms Marouane Fellaini Has Suffered Knee Ligament Damage
- Kim Kardashian Reveals How Body Shaming Is Giving Her Body Dysmorphia
- LSU legend YA Tittle dead at 90
- 'Self-serving noise.' Read Melania Trump's response slamming Ivana Trump's 'First Lady' claim
- Accountability court grants bail to Sharif's daughter
- McDonald's to offer Szechuan sauce for everyone this winter
- 'Fed up' Boris Johnson denies he'd cling to cabinet role
- Richard Thaler Wins Nobel Prize for Showing the Research in Behavioral Economics
- Christopher Columbus Statue Fenced off on LA's 1st 'Indigenous Peoples Day'
- Dangerous Wildfires Spread In Northern & Southern California