Before Sunday, they were one of two teams in the National Football League that had yet to score in the opening 15 minutes of a game this year.
Not only was it the first rushing touchdown of the season from a Giants running back, it was the team's first offensive points in the first quarter this year. The Giants held opponents to 17.8 points last season, second-fewest in the league; they are up to 23.8, eighth-most in 2017. The Chargers averaged 25.6 points per game a year ago, better than all but eight teams in the National Football League; they are down to 18, worse than all but eight teams.
In his last season at Clemson, Williams played in 15 games and caught 98 passes for 1,361 yards and 13 touchdowns. Darkwa had just 53 yards in his first three games this season.
Meanwhile, wide receiver Tyrell Williams, listed as questionable for Sunday's game because of a neck injury, will play against the Giants. "If it wasn't for him, I'd be playing in a soccer stadium in Los Angeles". Evading pressure and throwing off his back foot, Rivers completed a 25-yard touchdown pass to tight end Hunter Henry.
The Chargers made it 22-20 on a 31-yard field goal by Novak before taking the lead for good on the Rivers to Gordon 10-yard strike. It also came four plays after Odell Beckham Jr. hurt an ankle and become the fourth Giants receiver knocked out of the game.
Safeties are one of the most exciting plays in football.
- Injured Derek Carr takes some snaps at Raiders' practice
- Galen Rupp wins the Chicago Marathon. Jordan Hasay sets women's record
- Buffalo falls to Western Michigan in record-breaking 7OT game, 71-68
- Bank robber father of Las Vegas gunman born in Sheboygan
- Italian Legend Andrea Pirlo To Retire At The End Of The Year
- MA officers travel to help in Puerto Rico
- Giant balls of flame light up night sky in Ghana gas explosion
- Las Vegas Shooter May Have Originally Wanted to Attack Chicago's Lollapalooza
- Miami Dolphins: 3 Bold predictions vs
- Palmer: It 'made sense' to leave Renault now