Reports suggest 49-year-old Merson could make a return to football with Welsh fourth-tier team Caerau but Wenger had no time for questions about lower league football when he was previewing his side's trip to Watford on Saturday (5.30pm).
Although they have conceded 12 goals this season, which is a tally bettered by only two other teams in the whole division, nine of those goals came against Liverpool and Manchester City.
"That's my understanding, yes", said Wenger.
"He had a little hip problem but overall I haven't seen him yet", Wenger told a press conference.
Wenger also had some positive news regarding the fitness of Mesut Ozil as the playmaker is now deemed fit and available for selection after overcoming a knee injury that's kept him out for the last four games. I always said that the fact that we didn't find an agreement a year ago doesn't mean the player will necessarily leave. In Chile it's Sanchez.
Stu Forster GettyImages
"It's a massive game, sure, tough game against a very good team", said Watford boss Marco Silva. "Yesterday afternoon I watched the whole Brazil against Chile game to see how hard the game was".
But his absence will soon be offset by the return of Laurent Koscielny, who is closing on a comeback from an Achilles injury. "I hope the situation can be turned around".
The French global hasn't played since our win over West Brom last month and has been training alone this week but he will be passed fit to face Watford as long as he comes through a fitness test tomorrow.
He is tactically astute, he motivates his plays to work tirelessly for the cause, and his input has been proven in their defensive success this year. He didn't play in the first game, and we lost him in the second game against Azerbaijan at home. "But I have got more potential to get better and I want to show that in the coming games". "I don't see Jack being fully fit and not going to the World Cup".
- Facebook's Sandberg Favors Release of Russia-Linked Ads
- Lawyers, prosecutors face off at Samsung heir's appeal case
- A Maine-Sized Hole Has Opened up in Antarctica's Ice Blanket
- Facebook Announces Upcoming Oculus Virtual Reality Headset
- Virgin Hyperloop One sees billionaire Branson back Elon Musk's tech
- Owners of 'Breaking Bad' house build fence to shield from pizza-throwers
- Chelsea boss Antonio Conte delivers injury updates ahead of Crystal Palace clash
- Wells Fargo profits miss estimates on $1 bn litigation costs
- Rose McGowan on Twitter: 'HW Raped Me'
- Aston Martin shows off new DB11 Volante convertible GT auto