According to sources, Congress central election authority chairman Mullappally Ramachandran has already handed over the schedule for the election of the Congress president to Sonia. "A person who has not been able to lay even the foundation stone of a collectorate in his constituency despite being in power for 14 years, how do you expect him to develop Gujarat", the UP chief minister questioned.
"Soon it will be done", she said, when asked by reporters repeatedly as to when Rahul Gandhi, who is at present the vice president of the party, will be elevated. "That is why when terrorist like Ishrat Jahan was killed by security forces in Gujarat then Rahul Gandhi came to support her", said Adityanath. "I congratulate Gujarat for giving the country an impressive and competent Prime Minister Narendra Modi who is taking country forward on the path of development".
The development comes as Punjab Congress Committee today passed a resolution to appoint Rahul Gandhi as the All India Congress Committee (AICC) president.
Agarwal said that the all the leaders claimed that with Sonia Gandhi finding it hard to contribute enough time to the organisation, it was the right time to elevate Rahul Gandhi to the top post of Congress.
Several Congress leaders have raised their voices from time to time for making Rahul the party president but they were silenced by their colleagues. While Prime Minister Modi and BJP chief Amit Shah were touring the flood affected areas of Gujarat the Gandhi had chosen to go over to Italy. Out of 403 Assembly seats in Uttar Pradesh, there are only seven with the Congress.
"When it came to awarding Sardar Patel the Bharat Ratna then the Congress never bothered about it but Indira Gandhi and Jawaharlal Nehru were awarded Bharat Ratna". The last Congress government in Gujarat was led by Chhabildas Mehta from February 17, 1994 to March 13, 1995.
- Chester Bennington's Carpool Karaoke has been released
- Fearless Real Estate Agent Catches Shark And Throws It Back Into Ocean
- CPI rises 3.28% in September; August IIP jumps 4.3%
- Junket tourism
- United States bombers fly over Korean Peninsula in 1st night joint training drills
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- JPMorgan third-quarter earnings beat forecasts
- Owners of 'Breaking Bad' house build fence to shield from pizza-throwers
- Arsene Wenger Provides Arsenal Injury Update Ahead of Watford Game
- Still slated for Game 4 start