If the United States and North Korea went to war, what kinds of targets would Pyongyang want to strike with its nuclear arsenal?
"In addition, member states will not provide new work authorizations to North Korean nationals to enter and work in their territory as they are suspected of generating revenue which is used to support the country's illegal nuclear and ballistic missile programs", the European Union said in a statement. Neither Lee nor Defense Ministry officials responded to attempts late Tuesday to confirm the stories.
However, the South Korean defence ministry has refused to comment about this allegation.
Senior diplomats of South Korea and the United States will hold a vice-ministerial strategic dialogue next week in Seoul, South Korea's foreign ministry said Wednesday.
U.S. B-1 bomber, center, flies over Osan Air Base with US jets in Pyeongtaek, South Korea, Tuesday, Sept. 13, 2016.
The U.S. flew the two B-1B Lancer bombers over the peninsula along with South Korean F-15k fighter planes and additional fighters from Japan, which the U.S. military said was the first such nighttime maneuver conducted by the three countries together.
The drills were conducted not long after Lee broke the news about the alleged cyberattacks to reporters.
"There is an urgent need for the military to change and update parts that were stolen by North Korea", Lee said. Given that set of circumstances, the Kim regime would likely chose to use its nuclear weapons. But Kim, the third generation of his family to rule, is officially revered in the North, and any suggestion of removing him from power is taken extremely seriously in Pyongyang. He revealed that around 235 gigabytes of military documents had been stolen from the Defence Integrated Data Centre, and that 80% of them have yet to be identified.
Information on South Korea's special forces was also reportedly accessed, as well as important details on significant power plants and military facilities in the South.
Seoul says North Korea has repeatedly staged cyberattacks on South Korean business and government websites.
- Japan's Kobe Steel tumbles after admitting to falsified data
- South Korea Developing 'Blackout Bombs' To Kill North Korea's Grids
- Cahill the hero as Socceroos see off Syria
- Trump to visit United Kingdom on 'working visit' in early 2018
- Cook County Board Overwhelmingly Votes To Repeal Soda Tax
- Is it Apple's intention to slow down older devices?
- Apple Reaches Deal With Steven Spielberg's Amblin for 'Amazing Stories'
- Kate Middleton gives first look at baby bump since pregnancy announcement
- Australia's team bus window smashed after T20 win in India
- Trump denies pushing for tenfold increase in nuclear weapons