But later, Nationals officials clarified that Baker misspoke and that Strasburg actually threw his bullpen Monday ahead of Game 3, the Washington Post reported.
Five years later, the Nationals won Game 4 against the Cubs, the N.L. Central and defending World Series champions, with help from a huge home run (Michael A. Taylor's grand slam) to force a Game 5.
The Nationals are looking to avoid a fourth division series loss in six seasons. In three relief appearances, Quintana registered a pair of walks, allowed just one hit, and struck out three batters in seven innings of work that season.
Fans who had braved the elements all afternoon started to stream out of the ballpark, some of them miffed that this game even happened at all. He yielded two runs in an inning against the Pirates.
According to the skipper, if Hendricks is unable to go far into the game, then it will be an all-hands-on-deck kind of game, and Jose Quintana will be available for the team if he's needed out of the bullpen.
- Israel Plans To Follow US In Exiting UN Agency
- Equifax compromised yet again as its website directs visitors to install malware
- Fearless Real Estate Agent Catches Shark And Throws It Back Into Ocean
- CPI rises 3.28% in September; August IIP jumps 4.3%
- JPMorgan third-quarter earnings beat forecasts
- Get your flu shot - Why you need it every year?
- Barcelona - The Coutinho Saga Rumbles On
- LBC Callers In EPIC Row Over Killing Of White Widow Sally Jones
- Lufthansa to buy large parts of bankrupt Air Berlin
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's auto stolen