Previous story: Monroe County Sheriff's Office says county units are on the way to the scene of a plane crash in the Cherokee National Forest.
The service reported the trainer aircraft missing after the T-45 departed from Knoxville, Tennessee for NAS Meridian, Mississippi on Sunday.
According to the statement, the T-45C was carrying an instructor and a student at the time it disappeared.
The call came in around 4:30 p.m.
Two pilots - an instructor and a student - were aboard the aircraft, the Navy said.
It is unknown at this time if there are any injuries.
A U.S. Navy jet is believed to have crashed in Tennessee, Navy officials said Sunday night.
Stay connected with Local 8 News as more information becomes available. We'll continue to bring you updates as we receive them.
- Cueto struggles, but Sandoval's HR helps Giants top Padres
- Local aid for Puerto Rico waiting for take-off
- Junket tourism
- 2 women plead not guilty to killing N.Korean leader's half-brother
- Palestinian Prime Minister Heads To Gaza As Reconciliation Push
- Sri Lanka beat Pakistan in Abu Dhabi test by 21 runs
- Tillerson says USA has direct channels to talk to N Korea
- Trump official calls Puerto Rico response "a good news story"
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- United Kingdom manufacturing growth slows but exports still strong