With his countrymen still coming to grips with the deadliest mass shooting in Las Vegas early this week, US President Donald Trump has said America is truly a nation in mourning as he thanked the first responders who rushed to save lives.
"I voluntarily flew back to America because I knew the Federal Bureau of Investigation and Las Vegas Police Department wanted to talk to me, and I wanted to talk to them", she said in the statement. At least 58 people were killed and hundreds were injured when he opened fire on an outdoor country music festival.
If Paddock did have any accomplices, there remained no evidence as yet "to indicate terrorism" in the shooting spree, said Aaron Rouse, FBI special agent in charge of the Las Vegas field office.
"We are not going to talk about that today".
"I said, if you're ever in Washington, come on over to the Oval Office", Trump said.
President Trump hailed the injured individuals' heroism for attempting to save others despite being in danger themselves. "He was a very demented person", Trump told reporters as he left the University Medical Center, which has cared for dozens of shooting victims.
Trump captioned the first video, in which the song "God Bless the U.S.A." by country artist Lee Greenwood plays over footage of the president and wife Melania visiting shooting survivors and their doctors in a Las Vegas hospital.
But the president did not go to Vegas yesterday to address the incredible insanity of a high-roller named Stephen Paddock checking into the Mandalay Bay hotel with enough rifles to arm a platoon, not to mention the legal bump stocks that turned them into machine guns.
Guns & Guitars said they did not sell Paddock automatic firearms, ammunition or bump fire stocks.
The president said police were learning more about Mr. Paddock and his motive, and that more information would be made public soon, according to NBC News. Instead, he ended up spending an hour and 35 minutes meeting with patients who were well enough to take visitors and who were not having medical procedures done.
- England qualify for 2018 World Cup after predictably dour win over Slovenia
- Harvey Weinstein Takes Leave Of Absence Amid Sexual Harassment Claims
- Microsoft is fixing its broken status options for the new Skype
- South Korea Will Amend Trade Deal with US
- President Trump at dinner with military commanders cites 'calm before the storm'
- Iniesta signed with Barcelona contract until the end of his career
- Federal Police Arrest Brazilian Olympic Committee Chairman
- Michael O'Neill has his eye on Norway
- Ruthless Rafael Nadal sets up semi-final showdown with Dimitrov
- Hillary Goes Gunning for the NRA