Nearly immediately, Twitter shut down the ad except for the original tweet from Blackburn's campaign account, claiming the pro-life part was "inflammatory" and would evoke a negative response. I fought Planned Parenthood, and we stopped the sale of baby body parts.
Twitter responded swiftly by pulling the ad over the statement because, in their words, it contains an "inflammatory statement that is likely to evoke a strong negative reaction". It has told Blackburn she can leave the ad up but cannot pay to promote it unless she removes the line. "Republicans will be nominating people who are running to the extreme, far right on issues that impact people's lives like health care, infrastructure, taxes, and civil rights". In the advertisement, Blackburn also announced her 2018 Senate bid to replace retiring Republican Bob Corker. Liberals applaud Twitter for shutting down lies and hate speech while Deplorables stoke their persecution complexes to a white heat, further fueling their mistrust of "elites" from Silicon Valley to the CNN newsroom.
In response to Twitter's actions, Blackburn, pro-lifers and conservatives decried Silicon Valley's censorship and duplicity.
According to the Associated Press, Twitter told vendors for the campaign that the statement was "inflammatory", and stopped the ad from being promoted on the service. This is the same justification the company has used to block anti-abortion ads before.
It is also worth noting that it is legal to provide fetal tissue to researchers as long as no profit is made, a practice that Planned Parenthood does admit to as it is not illegal and it provides valuable material for research into a number of medical conditions.
Demonstrating their bias towards Planned Parenthood, the social media giant informed the Blackburn campaign that if her sentence about Planned Parenthood selling the body parts of babies is removed, the ad can be run on their platform.
The videos Blackburn appears to reference were deemed to be manipulated.
The abortion group and their allies, however, continue to assert the videos of PP employees talking about this - that were recorded undercover - were deceptively edited and make false claims. In a fundraising email to her supporters, she claimed "I'm being censored for telling the truth". "It's something that people wanted to see shut down".
- 'Self-serving noise.' Read Melania Trump's response slamming Ivana Trump's 'First Lady' claim
- 'Blade Runner 2049' Makes Slight Gain With $32.8 Million Opening Weekend
- 'Fed up' Boris Johnson denies he'd cling to cabinet role
- Nadal 'destroys' agitated Kyrgios to win China Open
- Accountability court grants bail to Sharif's daughter
- National Team Manager Confirms Marouane Fellaini Has Suffered Knee Ligament Damage
- USA approves $15 billion worth THAAD missiles sale to Saudi Arabia
- Joel Embiid, 76ers Agree to Five-Year, $148M Deal
- October 26 repeat poll is unstoppable, says President Kenyatta
- LSU legend YA Tittle dead at 90