Chino Hills hired Dennis Latimore as its new head coach in May, replacing Stephan Gilling, who was the head coach for one season.
LaVar's aim in making his son as a stud player in college and as a future National Basketball Association star had a significant influence in his decision.
"I see him going to college, but we're going to see what goes on; his development and how everything goes, we'll see". "He's on track for UCLA, but he doesn't have to be dealing with those knuckleheads".
Even if the teenager is deemed eligible, possibly after the company temporarily shelves his shoe, there will be questions about his skill level and ability to fit into college-level team concepts, assuming he only plays for his travel team and in summer showcases for the next two years. You can put that on the principal and the coach over there.
While losing Ball will be a major blow to Chino Hills, the team still has 4-star recruit Onyeka Okongwu, who is ranked as the third-best player in the state of California in 2019, just a single spot behind Ball. I am disappointed it couldn't have worked better for LaMelo and the players.
The era of the basketball-playing Ball brothers at Chino Hills looks like it is officially over. Still, this is freakish even by LaVar's standards, as the high school season has not yet begun and he is seemingly evaluating Latimore on distant information as a result.
According to Sondheimer, LaMelo still plans on signing a letter of intent with the UCLA Bruins, though there's still the matter of whether his signature Melo Ball 1 sneaker with Big Baller Brand will impact his NCAA eligibility.
- Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt welcome baby Speidi, Gunnar Stone
- Tesla cites 'bottlenecks' on low Model 3 output numbers
- McDonald's brings back Szechuan sauce
- Everton chief Farhad Moshiri gives Ronald Koeman his backing
- Three killed by Pak firing in Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch sector
- Palestinian government meets in Gaza for first time since 2014
- Microsoft is giving up on Groove Music, transfers users to Spotify
- Google Dropping 'First Click Free' Policy For News Websites
- Holidays cancelled after collapse of Monarch Airlines
- Myanmar makes 'proposal' to take back Rohingya refugees from Bangladesh