It was not the first time Pence found himself caught in the middle of a show of defiance at an entertainment venue.
Ignoring the fact that the kneeling protests are not about that, Pence has to think that the American people are stupid as hell if he thinks anyone will believe that this wasn't the plan all along.
Trump later tweeted that he asked Pence to leave on the grounds that the player's actions are "disrespecting our country".
Over the past several weeks, hundreds of National Football League players have opted to kneel instead of stand for the US anthem at games, in protest against racial violence in America. According to ESPN, the Colts wore black t-shirts affirming a commitment to "equality, justice, unity, respect, dialogue, and opportunity", and stood with arms locked during the anthem, rather than with the traditionally reverent hand-on-heart gesture. The vice president rose to his feet for the national anthem, but after seeing members of the 49ers team take a knee he walked out of the stadium.
"This is what systemic oppression looks like", Reid said. "He knew that we were probably going to do it again", Reid said. "A man with power comes to a game, he tweets a couple things out and leaves the game with an attempt to thwart our efforts".
In between, the former IN governor flew to Indianapolis.
Televangelist James Robison said it's not "just the American flag and the National Anthem that's being abused and dishonored, it's actually freedom itself".
A few minutes later, Donald Trump was awarded the decision of Mike Pence.
- Junket tourism
- Pressure mounts on Catalan separatists after unity rallies
- Pruitt: Plan to kill rule coming tomorrow
- Trump wants border wall, other immigration reforms, in exchange for DACA
- Israel refuses to let Hamas leaders join Egypt talks
- ESPN Anchor Jemele Hill Suspended Over Jerry Jones Tweets
- How Dianne Feinstein's re-election bid encapsulates the divide within the Democratic Party
- GM buys Lidar startup Strobe to accelerate its self-driving auto development
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Kit Harington's April Fool's Day Prank On Rose Leslie Doesn't End Well