It was not the first time Pence found himself caught in the middle of a show of defiance at an entertainment venue.
Ignoring the fact that the kneeling protests are not about that, Pence has to think that the American people are stupid as hell if he thinks anyone will believe that this wasn't the plan all along.
Trump later tweeted that he asked Pence to leave on the grounds that the player's actions are "disrespecting our country".
Over the past several weeks, hundreds of National Football League players have opted to kneel instead of stand for the US anthem at games, in protest against racial violence in America. According to ESPN, the Colts wore black t-shirts affirming a commitment to "equality, justice, unity, respect, dialogue, and opportunity", and stood with arms locked during the anthem, rather than with the traditionally reverent hand-on-heart gesture. The vice president rose to his feet for the national anthem, but after seeing members of the 49ers team take a knee he walked out of the stadium.
"This is what systemic oppression looks like", Reid said. "He knew that we were probably going to do it again", Reid said. "A man with power comes to a game, he tweets a couple things out and leaves the game with an attempt to thwart our efforts".
In between, the former IN governor flew to Indianapolis.
Televangelist James Robison said it's not "just the American flag and the National Anthem that's being abused and dishonored, it's actually freedom itself".
A few minutes later, Donald Trump was awarded the decision of Mike Pence.
- ESPN Anchor Jemele Hill Suspended Over Jerry Jones Tweets
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Russian election propaganda also appeared on Google, YouTube and Gmail, report says
- GM buys Lidar startup Strobe to accelerate its self-driving auto development
- Christopher Columbus Statue Fenced off on LA's 1st 'Indigenous Peoples Day'
- Junket tourism
- Kim Kardashian Reveals How Body Shaming Is Giving Her Body Dysmorphia
- Kit Harington's April Fool's Day Prank On Rose Leslie Doesn't End Well
- Reminder to get screened during Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Trump wants border wall, other immigration reforms, in exchange for DACA