The prediction: After coming all the way back to vanquish the 102-win Indians on Wednesday night, the Yankees were flying so high that they barely needed a jet to get to Houston.
After a fast start that signaled a young team arriving ahead of schedule, the Yankees rebuilt their bullpen at the trade deadline with the additions of strikeout kings David Robertson and Tommy Kahnle - adding them to a stable that included Chapman, Dellin Betances and Chad Green to form arguably the deepest late-inning corps in the game. Then his next start would be game seven.
Verlander may be the one who gets them there. "I think certain veterans on the team steer them in the right direction, too, like CC Sabathia".
Game one of the ALCS between the Yankees and Astros will be Friday at 6:08 p.m.in Houston, Texas. "They went about their business and got it done".
The Yankees did crush a pitcher with a 1.80 ERA against them in Corey Kluber, but the advantage that Keuchel has over Kluber is that he had previously faced and beaten the Yankees in postseason. The rate of missed swings against those pitches was 27 percent, second-highest in Major League Baseball. He's 2-0 with a 3.12 ERA in the postseason.
Biggest Horses: Expect the Astros to ride their biggest horses in this series - Verlander, Keuchel, Jose Altuve, Carlos Correa and George Springer.
2017 regular-season stats:.264 average, 594 AB, 96 runs, 157 hits, 26 doubles, 4 triples, 21 HR, 63 RBIs, 72 BB, 122 K, 23 SB, 5 CS, 151 games.
"If the Yankees are going to do it against this particular team, they are going to really have to pitch well", Singleton said. Look for experienced leadoff man Brett Gardner to set the tone in multiple games by putting together tough at-bats against the Houston pitching staff.
"The Yankees pitching isn't mediocre, but this team that they are facing now is even more powerful and potent than Cleveland".
- Still slated for Game 4 start
- Aston Martin shows off new DB11 Volante convertible GT auto
- Ezekiel Elliott's Six Game Suspension Is Reinstated
- A Maine-Sized Hole Has Opened up in Antarctica's Ice Blanket
- United States bombers fly over Korean Peninsula in 1st night joint training drills
- CPI rises 3.28% in September; August IIP jumps 4.3%
- Wells Fargo profits miss estimates on $1 bn litigation costs
- Maine's Susan Collins declines gov run, will remain in Senate
- Virgin Hyperloop One sees billionaire Branson back Elon Musk's tech
- Sonia Gandhi hints at Rahul's elevation 'soon'