The posts included several screen captures allegedly taken by USA forces shepherding an ISIS convoy, protecting them from Russian and Syrian forces. From watching the video at the top that shows a clip from AC-130 Gunship Simulator: Special Ops Squadron, a video that was uploaded back in 2015, not anywhere close to November 9, 2017 as the images from the tweet would suggest. The image went viral nearly immediately, but it was quickly debunked once someone recognized that the image was actually from a 2015 trailer for AC-130 Gunship Simulator: Special Ops Squadron. The Twitter post has since been deleted.
Researchers at Conflict Intelligence Team, a nonprofit group that investigates Russian military activities, subsequently reported that three other images shared by Russia as "irrefutable evidence" of USA forces assisting the Islamic State were actually taken from video released by the Iraqi Ministry of Defense in 2016.
"I certainly can't verify but I have seen a report that one of the pictures came from a video game. All content subject to change".
An image circulated by the Russian military Tuesday purportedly showing "irrefutable evidence" of US forces assisting Islamic State terrorists was actually taken from a 2015 video game.
Earlier today, the ministry tweeted three times in various languages, with a series of pictures accusing the USA of co-operation with the so-called Islamic state.
Russia's defence ministry said not only did the Americans refuse to carry out a joint operation to strike Isis fighters leaving Abu Kamal but also allowed them to regroup on coalition-controlled territory.
The defence ministry told Russian news agencies on Tuesday evening it was "carrying out checks on a civilian employee who mistakenly added photographs to the ministry's statement".
According to the Russian MoD, Washington planned to "recover their combat capabilities,", so they could be used elsewhere in the Middle East as proxy forces on the Americans' behalf.
Coalition spokesman Col. Ryan Dillon called those claims, "about as accurate as their air campaign".
- Rosogolla battle ends on a sweet note for West Bengal
- YouTube App Causing Battery Drain On iOS 11
- Antibiotic misuse could lead to their ineffectiveness
- EgyptAir commits to 24 Bombardier CS300s
- Militants, trooper killed in encounter
- Australia Has Voted In The Same Sex Marriage Survey
- Inflation at 7-month high on higher food, fuel prices
- Watch Taylor Swift's Surprise Performance for Jimmy Fallon
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Shuttle-like Dream Chaser spacecraft makes glide test flight