According to witnesses, students were jumping inside the small and crowded apartment, causing it to collapse.
"A medical triage was set up, but only minor injuries were reported", Denton Fire Marshal Brad Lahart said in a statement released Sunday.
The residents in the apartment below had just left minutes before, in order to make a noise complaint about the party with the Denton Police Department.
Officials were forced to cut off water and power to the unit in which the collapse took place, the first- and second-floor apartments beneath it and nine other units in the building.
The floor collapsed under University of North Texas students partying during homecoming..
The student who lived in the second-story apartment was not at home at the time of the collapse.
"I have nowhere to go".
A party in Denton turned into terror and chaos when the third floor at a student housing complex collapsed, the CBS affiliate in Dallas/Ft. A general manager at the complex told residents in an email that a structural engineer will evaluate the building and that those who were displaced would be reimbursed for lodging expenses, the Denton Record-Chronicle reports.
"TVs, computers, just everything".
That's when the floor gave out under the weight of the crowd, sending dozens of people into the second floor apartment below. "And it's one of those things that you fear would happen, but you don't think it's actually going to happen", said Carroll.
"The Ridge is a private facility in the City of Denton, and any information regarding the incident would need to come from either the property owner or operator, and the City of Denton PIO", a University of North Texas spokesperson said, reported Fox 4.
- Carbon emissions up, 'time is running out,' warn scientists
- Friends rally around Liam Miller as footballer faces cancer battle
- Chance Of Rain, Snow - Or Both - Monday, Weather Service Says
- Final Fantasy XV's Noctis is Joining Tekken 7's Roster Soon
- More Sunshine, Warmer Monday
- Dwyane Wade has high praise for Dennis Smith Jr
- Philippine Protesters Burn Giant Paper Effigy of Trump in Manila
- Salman Khan unveils his 'Race 3' look
- Mogherini hails 'historic' European Union defense pact as 23 countries sign up
- Only emergency vehicles to get exemption in odd-even scheme