When police arrived at the couple's home, Roy Miller was inside sleeping. According to the police report, Miller's wife accuses him of dragging her by the hair, tearing a braid out of her head, and almost ripping off her shirt.
She said that she and her husband had gone for a "date night" at the Jacksonville Zoo. She said Roy left before her in an Uber. When she arrived at home, he wasn't there.
She said the 6-foot-1, 320 lb.
Trouble struck the Chiefs even though they're on a bye week.
Nicole Miller told police she was grabbed by the hair and pushed around. She told police that Miller had barricaded himself in their bedroom.
Several children were at the home at the time of the incident, the report said. However, at least legally speaking, Roy Miller won't have to face a courtroom again until November 28.
The report includes corroborating testimony from witnesses, including one who said she heard the couple arguing and brought the kids to the other end of the house. She then saw Nicole come from the room with visible injuries, which she did not have before entering the bedroom.
Miller, 30, played four seasons for the Jacksonville Jaguars before being released on March 12. The Chiefs signed him in August. He has six tackles on the season.
The Chiefs issued a brief statement Saturday.
No one from the Chiefs or the National Football League has issued any sort of a statement, since it's simply too early to tell what the ramifications will be, but this is the sort of incident that certainly puts his ability to play in jeopardy, including whether or not Miller will be with the team going forward.
- Powerful natural disaster rocks Iran-Iraq border; several villages damaged, casualties reported
- At least 16 dead after boat capsizes in Andhra Pradesh
- Turning Points: One big hit swings momentum in Browns' loss to Lions
- Jenny McCarthy Reshares Steven Seagal Harassment Claim
- Protesters tag Trump, Duterte as 'fascists'
- Saudi Arabia launches military strikes on Yemeni capital
- Air pollution: NGT to examine odd-even scheme
- Trump sarcastically responds to Kim Jong Un insults
- Hasbro, Inc. (HAS) Reportedly Mulls Mattel Acquisition
- Keenum leads Vikings to fifth straight victory