The theme for 2017 is "Women and diabetes - our right to a healthy future". However, only 17.5% of women are aware of the disease and its complication, a new research has shown. One in 10 Women are living with diabetes, that equals about 199 million women in the world. These hormones may cause resistance to the actions of insulin and lead to higher blood sugar levels in women who have risk factors for diabetes.
A pregnant woman with gestational diabetes does not present with any signs, but has high appetite, frequently feels thirsty, especially in the night and passes urine frequently.
In 2011 to 2012, the annual incidence of diagnosed diabetes in youth was estimated at 17,900 with type 1 diabetes, 5,300 with type 2 diabetes. Of this, nearly 180 million are women.
Zimbabwe Diabetes Association (ZDA)'s Dr John Mangwiro urged women to consume food and take contraceptives wisely as a way of preventing diabetes effects. She also stated that, "Obesity and physical inactivity put women at excess risk of diabetes. Success includes seeking support from health care professionals, family, friends, and the community to manage your diabetes", Glassman added.
Adya said she has lost the physiological and anatomical function of her pancreas to produce insulin and control her blood glucose due to which she suffers from highly fluctuating very low and very high blood sugar readings every day. However, GDM is not to be taken as seriously as it should be.
This randomised controlled open-label trial will be based in around 24 public and private hospitals across India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. Trained study staff will deliver the intervention, and monitor the outcomes over the study period of approximately three years.
The research also found that 19 per cent of participants had used support or counselling from a trained professional to help them manage their condition, and almost a third (32 per cent) had at some point relied on self-help materials including books, videos and resources found online.
The George Institute for Global Health is works across a broad health landscape by conducting clinical, population and health system research aimed at changing health practice and policy worldwide.
- EgyptAir commits to 24 Bombardier CS300s
- YouTube App Causing Battery Drain On iOS 11
- SUPER MARIO BROS. Reboot Film In Talks With MINIONS Studio
- Iran ends quake rescue operations as hungry survivors battle the cold
- Four People Killed in Northern California Shooting
- Woman techie dies after spurned lover sets her on fire in Chennai
- Australia Has Voted In The Same Sex Marriage Survey
- HTC Announces Vive Focus Standalone VR Headset Powered By Snapdragon 835 SoC
- Possible military coup in Zimbabwe, as tanks roll towards Robert Mugabe's capital
- Rosogolla battle ends on a sweet note for West Bengal