Last month, Gal also refused to attend a dinner honouring Brett Ratner, where she was due to present him with an award.
Gadot's protest stems from numerous sexual harassment allegations that have been made against Ratner in recent weeks and his company RatPac-Dune was one of the financiers who were involved in the original "Wonder Woman" film that ended up grossing more than $820 million worldwide.
In a news item that has taken social media by storm, it was reported this weekend that Gal Gadot, star of Wonder Woman and Justice League has demanded Brett Ratner be completely cut out of all potential profits from 2019's Wonder Woman 2, or the star is walking.
"She's tough and stands by her principles", a source said. She also knows that Warner Bros. has to side with her on this issue as it develops. Is there going to be a way to disentangle themselves from a guy who has been accused of masturbating in front of several women, and outing Ellen Page on the set of X-Men: The Last Stand?
Gadot took to social media to denounce Hollywood's hypocrisy, proclaiming "Bullying and sexual harassment is unacceptable!"
Gal Gadot played the title role in this past summer's Wonder Woman, which also starred Chris Pine, Robin Wright, Danny Huston, David Thewlis, Connie Nielsen, Elena Anaya, Ewen Bremner, Lucy Davis, Lisa Loven Kongsli, Saïd Taghmaoui and Eugene Brave Rock.
While none of the allegations against Ratner have been proven, Gadot appears to be adamant about her stance. I stand by all the courageous women confronting their fears and speaking out.
During this time, Page shared her own experience with Ratner on Facebook: "He looked at a woman standing next to me, ten years my senior [Page was 18 at the time], pointed to me and said: 'You should f*ck her to make her realize she's gay'".
However, a spokesperson for Warner Bros. vehemently denied the Page Six story to Business Insider.
Wonder Woman was the film that saved the DCEU after Man of Steel, Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad all hinted that the superhero universe was headed in the wrong direction.
- Conservatives Destroyed Their Keurigs In Solidarity With Sean Hannity
- Lyft is expanding internationally to step up its fight against Uber
- Dwyane Wade has high praise for Dennis Smith Jr
- Apartment floor collapses under college students during wild homecoming party
- Martellus Bennett expected to play against Broncos
- Carbon emissions up, 'time is running out,' warn scientists
- Trump asked Chinese president for help over arrested UCLA basketball players
- Hate crimes overall climb 4.6 percent
- Philippine Protesters Burn Giant Paper Effigy of Trump in Manila
- Men more at risk of rare heart attack after sex