The tight end only played seven snaps against the Broncos on Sunday night, but made his presence felt by catching all three of his targets for 38 yards and passing the "eye test".
Gillislee may be the biggest surprise as it is first game inactive as a member of the Patriots. Bennett faces the Raiders in Mexico City next week. He was expected to miss time with his shoulder injury, but after an internal disagreement on it, the team chose to move on.
"It's not about, 'Could you play?' It's, 'Should you play?' It was one of those things", Bennett said. When Bill called me after they claimed me, at first I told my agent to tell no teams to claim me because I was still trying to get the surgery. They tried to (expletive) over me. Bennett says he got three other opinions who said that he needed to have the shoulder fixed. "Right now I'm just like, 'F-k it, '" when talking about what went through his mind when things shifted from him potentially missing the season to electing to play. "So when Bill called and said they claimed me, I was like, 'No [expletive] way'".
"I got criticism from all of my former organizations", Bennett said, via the Providence Journal's Mark Daniels. "I love having Martellus on our team". New England Patriots fans are very happy about how it's turned out.
"You come here to a winning football club and learn you have to give up yourself for the benefit of the team", Allen said. "Sometimes, you're rewarded with a touchdown".
The Packers physician is known to be more conservative with regards to players returning to action after being injured. "The story is what our team did, the way our team performed". He played in seven games before a shoulder injury became the center point of his departure from Green Bay. He wasn't in there on many plays, but when he was in there he was effective and it's great to have him back. That's really what it's about. "They're the ones that go out and make the plays, and they did it (last night)".
- N. Korea blasts Trump's 'warmonger' Asia tour
- Matt Kenseth wins Can-Am 500 at Phoenix
- Italy OUT of World Cup; emotional Buffon says 'we've failed the country'
- Chinese firm to acquire lip-synching app Musical.ly for $1 billion
- McConnell Calls On Roy Moore To 'Step Aside'
- Salman Khan unveils his 'Race 3' look
- IPhone X screen can become unresponsive in cold weather
- Chance Of Rain, Snow - Or Both - Monday, Weather Service Says
- Only emergency vehicles to get exemption in odd-even scheme
- Feature: History of South Africa vs. Senegal