The event will feature representatives from all the military branches as well as performances by the marching bands of the University of Nebraska at Kearney and Kearney High School.
The program will be held at 11 a.m.at Dogwood Dell in Byrd Park.
OLD ORCHARD BEACH: A flag ceremony will be held at Veterans Memorial Park at 11:11 a.m, hosted by the Old Orchard Beach Memorial Park Committee, with music by the Don Campbell Band. The parade will travel northwest along East Bidwell Street to turn right on Coloma Street, then right on Natoma Street to finish at the Folsom Community Center, 52 Natoma St. The parade begins at 11 a.m.in front of Fresno City Hall. The event's theme: "Argonne to Afghanistan: 100 years of the American Veteran". The parade will start at noon at the corner of Avenue E and Houston Street by the U.S. Post Office and travel west on Houston Street to San Saba and end at Milam Park. A memorial service will follow at 11 a.m.in the cemetery's gazebo.
City officials, military leaders and other dignitaries will be in attendance. The keynote speaker will be former Navy SEAL Rob Foley. Div. Soldier. "It does make a difference seeing that type of support, especially from active-duty service members".
Preceding the parade, a wreath will be placed at the Medal of Honor monument at the Hardin County Courthouse at 9 a.m.
- Hope Solo accuses ex-FIFA president Sepp Blatter of sexual assault
- NASA scrubs rocket launch because a plane flew too close
- Boeing signs deal to sell 300 planes worth $37 billion to China
- Supreme Court refuses to ban 'Padmavati' release
- Disneyland Shuts Down Cooling Towers After Disease Reported
- Anil Kapoor and Salman Khan to join forces in Race 3
- Shahid on working with Ranveer-Deepika in 'Padmavati'
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- AT&T CEO says open to litigation on Time Warner deal
- Lucky Louie Producer Mike Royce Reacts to Louis CK Sexual-Misconduct Allegations