Penn State fans may recall seeing a QB sneak as recently as 2013.
It took a little longer than Franklin would have liked for the No. 16 Nittany Lions to rediscover the tools they used to dominate opponents in the first half of the season. Worst call: Rutgers coach Chris Ash made a decision to run out the final 1:13 of the first half rather than have quarterback Giovanni Rescigno attempt a deep pass. Best run: McSorley faked a handoff to Barkley, broke a couple of tackles and ran for a 20-yard touchdown in the second quarter.
Penn State's Saquon Barkley (26) hurdles Rutgers' Kiy Hester (2) during the second half of an NCAA college football game in State College, Pa., Saturday, Nov. 11, 2017. In the second half, Penn State took control of the game and ended it with a 35-6 victory.
"Their skill players were the difference in the game, including him", Rutgers coach Chris Ash said.
For Rutgers, they now drop to 4-6 overall and 3-4 in the conference.
Best call: Liked Rutgers, a 30-point underdog, going for fourth-and-1 from its 44 late in the first quarter.
The Penn State defense limited the Scarlet Knights after its team trailed 6-0.
But quarterback Trace McSorley countered that by capping a four-play scoring drive with a 20-yard touchdown, then threw for a score to DaeSean Hamilton. Barkley scored two plays later. Injury report: Penn State sophomore offensive tackle Ryan Bates and sophomore defensive end Ryan Buchholz, who are out with undisclosed leg injuries, were not in uniform.
Running back Saquan Barkley was again held in check, but did manage two short rushing touchdowns.
"It's part of the game", Barkley said.
After missing a bunch of tackles in the run game, Penn State finally got itself into a favorable position.
Probably not on a day when the Scarlet Knights played so well in the first half but couldn't convert a pair of early red zone chances into touchdowns.
- Israel says downed Syrian spy drone over Golan Heights
- Grace leads local charge in Nedbank Golf Challenge
- Can Manchester United win the Premier League this season?
- Watch Taylor Swift Perform Her New Songs on 'SNL'
- Butch Jones fired as Tennessee's coach
- Arab teams in the World Cup For the first time in history
- Protesters tag Trump, Duterte as 'fascists'
- Hasbro, Inc. (HAS) Reportedly Mulls Mattel Acquisition
- Chiefs' Roy Miller arrested in Jacksonville on battery charge
- At least 16 dead after boat capsizes in Andhra Pradesh