They accused the US military of committing human rights abuses in Mindanao.
White House spokesperson Sarah Sanders meanwhile said the issue was discussed by the two leaders. Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders didn't say if Trump had been critical of Duterte's violent war on the illegal drug trade.
Duterte sang a duet of the song "Ikaw" with singer Pilita Corrales during Sunday night's gala dinner at the summit in Manila.
"As the American people and peoples of the world condemned US president Trump for its war-mongering and outright repression in the US, Duterte is inevitable to follow, as the number of poor Filipinos fed up of his empty promises and pointless rhetorics, are mounting, it is a matter of time for him to follow the footsteps of his idol dictator and ousted Ferdinand Marcos", Casilao said.
The Philippine leader told the audience he had done so "upon the orders of the Commander-in-Chief of the United States", drawing laughter from the crowd and a smile from Trump. President Trump must also make clear that any future USA assistance to the country will be linked to clear progress in reforming the PNP and ending impunity in the police.
"This brutal macho image that Trump and President Duterte apparently shares and mutually admire is clearly to the detriment of the people in the Philippines, the USA and the world".
The handshake chain is a set piece of gatherings of the 10-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), who are meeting with leaders from China, the US, Russia, New Zealand, Australia, India, Canada, Japan and South Korea.
"Trump must not keep ignoring the grave human rights situation in the Philippines".
Trump is teasing a "major statement" on trade and North Korea in Washington on Wednesday when he returns.
- Skyrim VR Bundle Releasing This Month
- Apple to launch three iPhone X-inspired models in 2018, report claims
- Chance Of Rain, Snow - Or Both - Monday, Weather Service Says
- Only emergency vehicles to get exemption in odd-even scheme
- Junket tourism
- N. Korea blasts Trump's 'warmonger' Asia tour
- Italy OUT of World Cup; emotional Buffon says 'we've failed the country'
- Meet Chevy's 2019 Corvette ZR1, the fastest Corvette ever made
- Qualcomm rejects Broadcom's acquisition offer worth $103 Billion
- Friends rally around Liam Miller as footballer faces cancer battle