On Sunday afternoon, the Detroit Lions will host the Cleveland Browns at Ford Field in what will be a VERY important game for the Lions as they look to continue their run towards an NFC North Championship.
That said, Detroit did hold DeShone Kizer own preventing Cleveland from calling another play prior to halftime. In the first game after the Browns nearly traded for A.J.
The Lions drew even with the Browns at 24-24 on Stafford's eight-yard touchdown pass to Riddick with 52 seconds to play in the third quarter.
Then, after a 35-yard pass to tight end Seth DeValve pushed the ball to the 1-yard line, the Browns retook the lead at 24-17 on Kizer's quarterback sneak with 2:23 to go in the third. The Browns have not won a game all season and if the Lions were to lose, it would be devastating to their playoff chances. He is, by far, the Lions' biggest receiver.
The Lions then knotted the score at 10-all when Ameer Abdullah bulled up the middle from 9 yards out with 10:25 remaining until intermission. He also ran 7 times for 57 yards and a TD.
Emmanuel Ogbah had four sacks, and Christian Kirksey and Joe Schobert each added a sack.
Kenny Britt doubled his touchdown total for the season with a nice catch-and-run on a 19-yard pass.
See how Twitter reacted to the touchdown and the Browns' lead.
The Browns made mistakes, including at the end of the first half when they botched the most basic elements in clock management.
The Browns started the second half just as quickly.
Kizer missed two second-half possessions after suffering a rib injury on a third-quarter hit from cornerback Quandre Diggs. That was a dumb play call that will overshadow the fact that Cleveland played better today than it has for most of the season.
- Parade, festival held at Civic Center Park for Veterans Day
- Powerful natural disaster rocks Iran-Iraq border; several villages damaged, casualties reported
- Caitlyn Jenner Claims Kris Jenner Cross-Dressed With Her Before Her Transition
- Sean Parker: We Built Facebook to Exploit You
- "Drunk" OJ Simpson Kicked Out Of Cosmopolitan Las Vegas Hotel
- Injustice 2 DLC will add The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- EA Set to Purchase Titanfall Studio Respawn Entertainment
- Talk of independent Kashmir wrong: Farooq Abdullah
- Duterte says he has killed someone at 16
- Veterans Day a day to honor those who served