On the back, there's a dual camera module that has a vertical orientation rather than a horizontal one, as found on the Galaxy Note 8. Best Buy will also have a similar deal, with a $150 discount on unlocked Galaxy S8, S8 Plus and Galaxy Note 8.
Neither of these rumoured features have been confirmed.
The South Korean technology company this month unveiled its all-new mobile processor, which is created to power top-of-the-line smartphones like the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 9, when they launch next year.
Late last week, Samsung unveiled the next generation chipset - the Exynos 9810 chipset that is built on the second generation 10 nm production mode of the company. The update also packs voice call performance improvements, enhanced camera app, and more.
Every year, we hear rumors that Samsung will be announcing its upcoming flagship smartphone earlier than its predecessor. On the Galaxy Note 8, which had enough time to brew, it nearly felt like an insult, with Samsung stubbornly insisting that everything's fine and dandy just the way things are.
For a company that used to love taking risks, pushing the stylus like no other and making phablets mainstream, Samsung took an unusually long time to embrace a couple of recent smartphone market trends. The phone also includes a quad-core Snapdragon 410 processor, 5MP rear camera, microSD card slot and a 2MP front shooter.
Dubbed Live Focus, the feature lets you take bokeh shots to help the subject stand out. In any case, if Samsung really opts to release a 4-inch phone with somewhat thin bezels, the Galaxy S9 Mini will be considerably smaller than the iPhone SE, so you can imagine how compact that device would be. However, there are contradictory reports are suggesting a January 2018 release date for these smartphones.
- New Battlefront 2 Game Enrages Star Wars Fans
- Carbon emissions up, 'time is running out,' warn scientists
- A 'Hitman' TV Series Is In The Works From 'John Wick' Creator
- Trump asked Chinese president for help over arrested UCLA basketball players
- Trump Announces Next HHS Nominee, Dems Scrutinize His Former Employment
- Gal Godot Gives Warner Brothers An Ultimatum: Ratner's Out Or She's Out
- Philippine Protesters Burn Giant Paper Effigy of Trump in Manila
- Conservatives Destroyed Their Keurigs In Solidarity With Sean Hannity
- DC Comics editor fired amid sexual assault allegations
- Is special counsel needed to investigate Clinton, Comey?