"She was the best audience", the NBC host began his show last night.
After his monologue, the comedian thanked fans for their support during such a hard time for his family, and said that his mother was "the best audience".
He held back tears before continuing: "When we were little, my mum would walk us to the store - me and my sister - and we would hold hands".
He finished by addressing his mother: "Mum, I'll never stop trying to make you laugh".
The lyrics came after the host paid tribute to his late mother in the opening monologue telling a heartfelt story in her remembrance.
Gloria Fallon tragically passed away at age 68 in NYU Langone Medical Centre, New York City.
In what would turn out to be an incredible coincidence, Swift was called in as a last-minute musical guest for the show, and debuted a new song from her album "Reputation", called "New Year's Day".
"Our hearts go out to Jimmy and everyone else whose lives were so touched by Gloria Fallon's love, kindness and support", the network added last week.
Gloria's advice? "Wash your hands after being near that Paris Hilton", she joked on the show.
"She sang New Year's Day".
"Suddenly she sings the line, 'Squeeze my hand 3 times in the back of the taxi.' I almost gasped. We all lost it", DiCenzo tweeted.
"That hug between Jimmy and Taylor after the song was 100% real emotion".
You can read the full details here on DiCenzo's Twitter feed and watch the performance below. "I wanted to send deepest wishes to Jimmy and your family from mine and also all of us at the Today show".
- Militants, trooper killed in encounter
- Antibiotic misuse could lead to their ineffectiveness
- Is special counsel needed to investigate Clinton, Comey?
- North Korean Soldier Is Shot While Defecting Across DMZ, South Says
- A 'Hitman' TV Series Is In The Works From 'John Wick' Creator
- Duterte's words on Philippine bodycount
- EgyptAir commits to 24 Bombardier CS300s
- Shuttle-like Dream Chaser spacecraft makes glide test flight
- YouTube App Causing Battery Drain On iOS 11
- Four People Killed in Northern California Shooting